Subaru Outback, 2.5i Manual
By The Czech on
2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I wanted Subaru for some time, finally I have it. Previously VW Golf' 99, Isuzu Rodeo '99 2WD. Must say it is a nice vehicle, fun to drive. I go to Tahoe a bit. If you want to enjoy the car take it on curvy road. It averages 30m/g on hwy. The 2.5i has good power, however another 25 HP would be nice! It lacks get up and go power, do not count on any fast take offs. It pulls nicely up the hill once you get it going. Some wind noise is present. Taking the roof cross bars down might reduce it. The beige cloths seats get dirty very quickly, go with the leather. Some rattling in the cargo area drives me crazy, can't find it. Other than that you are getting a lot for your money. I hope to enjoy it.
Favorite Features
-AWD -sturdy roof rack -fog lights, great illumination of the road. Over all it is a great car but needs some improvements, Signal/wiper stick 25 year old design -looks -old fashion volume knob on stereo -heated seats -gas consumption -nice performance on curvy roads -all around good deal.
Suggested Improvements
Gas pedals too close together, little room (I'm size 12.5). Only improve materials, plastics Cheap gas door, tin can like rear gate feels cheap. Center console plastic sprayed silver will scratch no doubt. Body very thin sheet metal - do not lean against it! WV golf feels sturdier. Sorry. :(