2007 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Great car but cheap interior

2007 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

Great car but cheap interior
By Brian on

2007 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD w/Navi (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall the car is great. I have the 3.0 L.L.Bean edition and it's very luxurious. It has plenty of power and the fuel economy is ok I get about 15 mpg in the city but I could get 21 mpg city if i drive like a granny. The sound system is pretty good. I love the XM radio and the panoramic sunroof. The main thing I don't like about it is the quality of the interior materials. The leather feels very cheap and is not very soft. The leather around the parking brake is all cracked. The plastic around the AC controls is all scratched just from fingernails turning the dials. The factory Nav is useless! It gives you wrong directions and it always tells you to turn if there is just a curve in the road.

I love the XM radio, dual climate control, mp3/ Wma player, trip computer, panoramic sunroof, homelink, I like how the Awd uses the rear wheels to drive the vehicle when the road is dry for better performance and all four wheels to drive the vehicle when the conditions are bad.

The car would be much better if Subaru improved the interior materials, offered a smoother shifting automatic and gave the rear seat passengers more room. The high trim models should have automatic headlights, high quality leather, auto-dim side mirrors, Keyless ignition and a USABLE Nav system