2007 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Big Bang for my Buck

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Review

Big Bang for my Buck
By Craig on

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really don't know what is basic about my BASIC WAGON because it's got all I need and more. This 2007 is a great deal. So far, with routine driving I am getting a solid 24 MPG! I am 5-9" with plenty of room for me and my family of 4. Easy hook-ups for my 2 year old's carseat, and my 15 year old daughter loves it, even though it a wagon. I am so happy with this buy. Safe, fun, loaded by my standards. I have the auto and love that sport shift for the curves. Good stereo for a basic feature too. It's early in the game, but I really think this car is a GREAT deal for the money. With rebate I paid $21,787. The steel 16" wheels are fine by me. Car feels and runs solid like my Toyota always did!

Favorite Features

Steering wheel, dash layout & color, ride, roadster doors, handling, MPG, looks, safety, price, comfortable ride. I can't wait for SNOW. I drive in WV up and down hills all day. Fog lamps. 175 HP is plenty enough for me and my family.

Suggested Improvements

Well, if there is one thing, I would try to reduce the road noise a bit, but it's what I expected. If you are tall, about 6', this might not be big enough for you. Seriously, I can't think of anything else. I just hope it's as reliable as they rate them.