Basics have come a long way.
By MovinAlong on
2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I had a contract with Jeep to build a Compass with a M6 but they are holding production of manual transmissions, so I went with the Subaru. This turns out to be a wiser deal. The interior is much nicer and the overall quality of the Subaru is much better. I love the feel of running through the gears although I wish I could run first a little higher although it is beneficial to have a LOW gear for starting on hills. I still have a Jeep Liberty (wife's) and this is my first venture into a foreign (Ohio) car. I really have to say I am pleased with all that comes standard on this car.
Favorite Features
When you pull the hand brake the running lights turn off. Dome light slowly dims. MP3 plug (even for a young sixty year old). Lumbar support and height adjustment on seat. Good feel to the gear box. Gas at 300 miles of mostly suburban and city seems to be around 24mpg (not exact yet).
Suggested Improvements
A little less engine noise at highway speeds. A little higher gear ratio for 5th, 2800 rpm at 60mph seems high but may be needed for a 2.5L although the gas mileage is good.