Used 2007 Subaru Outback Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

as expected
By spencer

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Our family has had at least one Subaru in our fleet for more than a decade. The 2007 basic Outback features a nice combination of performance, comfort,and versatility. The fact that Subarus feature AWD, solid reliability, and good resale value keep us coming back. Subaru also partners with Chase Bank to bring you a Subaru credit card that makes purchasing and maintaining your Subaru less financially burdensome. Subaru continues to move forward with quality and design improvements. I wouldn't say the 07 Outback deserves to be called "luxurious", but it is not far deserving that moniker. Price of this car goes up quickly with the addition of creature comforts.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, reliability, value, competitive resale value, Subaru/Chase credit card points, ease of use, layout.

Suggested Improvements

OEM tires (Potenzas) are not great, especially in ice and snow. Disappointing tire choice for a company that sells primarily in snow belt areas. Standard shift gearing ratio makes fifth gear feel much like you need a sixth gear, especially at expressway speeds. "Howling" wind noise in heavy winds.

Satisfied Subaru Owner
By z1080

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, symmetrical all wheel drive is a must for winter driving. The center console is simple and easy to use. Sound system is good (although I'll be purchasing subwoofers soon.) It's definitely a car you will get your money's worth out of. So far I've been averaging 19.6 mpg in the city. The 17in. rims, independent suspension, and 8.4 inches or ground clearance is a definite plus.

Favorite Features

Sport shift adds to the fun factor although you can't redline while in sport mode. It works best to downshift then put back into drive in order to redline.

My First Subi
By Steve

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first time buying a non-GM car. Have only driven 300 miles. No problems yet. Love the way this car handles. Great acceleration and smooth ride. Was perfect to drive during a recent snowfall. Looking forward to taking this car on next backwoods camping trip. So far no regrets I didn't buy GM.

Favorite Features

Sound system is great. Auto climate control keeps inside at even temp. Love the electro dash. Interior quality is top notch.

Suggested Improvements

Need more front inside lighting when opening doors. Steering wheel audio controls would be better than paddle shifters. No change holder. Auto locks when car placed in drive.

SAFETY FIRST
By JG

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was hit head on by a drunk driver going about 50 mph. I just got my Subaru two months earlier, and if it weren't for that car and the grace of God, I'd be dead. I want another one just like it. The safety features worked very well, and kept all of us from being seriously injured. Consider this type of car as one of your top picks. And NO, I do not represent Subaru. This report is straight from the heart.

Favorite Features

The safety features!

Canadian Opinion
By Nigel Collins

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 98 Forester and a 2001 Outback so I chose to come back to Subaru mainly for the AWD system. I know gas mileage will improve over the first 5000 kilometers, and with warmer temperatures in the spring. Since buying the Outback I've added a tape/film chip guard from Ziebart to help reduce gravel rash on the hood, the arm rest extension, winter mats, and had a dark tint film added to the front part of the sunroof to reduce glare when driving. The build quality appears far better than my earlier purchases, and the fold down feature for the back seat is much more user friendly.The interior materials seem to be of a higher quality with no issues around fit or finish.

Favorite Features

Very good all around visibility. Good headlights, and a good sweep area on the front and rear wipers. The lighting on the gauges and controls makes them very visible at night. As a Subaru the AWD is a given, and the functionality of having a wagon again makes this a very practical family vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

It's bad enough that the spare is a donut, but there isn't room for your flat tire in the interior wheel well so what do you leave behind if you're fully loaded and have a flat? Also needs a change holder, height adjustable passenger seat, and why is a comfortable center armrest an extra?