2007 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
So far so good
By DUG7714 on 11/06/06 11:17 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Traded my Grand Cherokee for this. Much better driver, obviously. Power is similar but handling is a world better. 20 MPG on the first tank - about equal city, highway driving in the DC area. Expect that to improve a bit. Takes a while for turbo to kick in, but I had been driving in 'Intelligent' mode a lot. After a weekend trip into the western PA mountains, my mileage seems to be improving. The seats were comfortable and the ride was great - hwy and city. I usually stop at least once on the 3 hour ride, but didn't feel the need to. Switched to Sport mode for most driving and have been enjoying the Sportshift manual. Also shopped BMW 328xi, Audi,Volvo,Saab. BMW came close, but too much $$.

2007 Ltd Outback Wagon
By Jon on 10/19/06 17:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I ordered this car with extra features installed at the port and picked it up with 4 miles on it last week on October 12th. This is my sixth Subaru and it is the best in interior finish and outside finish of the past Subarus I have owned. So far I find it to drive very smoothly and the road noise has diminished from the past Subarus I have owned. If it is like the past five Subarus I have owned I will be very satisfied with it as I have never had any problems with any of them. I find the fit, finish and mechanical portions of the car very good. I do find the rear leg room lacking when the front seats are pushed all the way back but I hear they are going to lengthen the Outback in 2009.

Very nice car, but a bit cramped interior
By VLY on 10/12/06 10:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it a month ago. Very nice car. Drives very well, 175 hp four is more than adequate. Got about 22 MPG on mixed driving. Rear seats are tight – I am 6’1” and do not have enough leg room. Front seats are too narrow – my 97 Camry’s seats are 2” wider. Right front seat is too low. I'd also like more storage areas; with two cups in front cup holders and glasses in the dash compartment I do not have a place for my cell phone. If front belt is unbuckled tones do not shut up – that is the most annoying feature in this car! I have to buckle up moving the car on driveway or a parking lot. Overall – great vehicle, very reliable per CR, looks & runs great, 4 wheel drive is a plus.

Lovin' it
By SWN on 10/10/06 18:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this to replace a Forester - 500 miles so far and I love it. Great lines, nice cockpit feel, handling is excellent. Very well equipped for a base model, including AWD and all Subaru's standard safety features. 2007 base model dropped in price from last year due to them removing alloys, electric driver seat, rear cargo area cover...I don't need that, I'd rather save $1500.

2.5i 5M
By zfk on 10/05/06 21:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had the base Outback about a month, so far it is a good car. The rear hatch started rattling after only 600 miles took it back to the dealer who fixed it. Compared to other brands this one seems pretty solid. I like the ride, it has plenty of hp, mileage is average just under 28.

love, Love, LOVE!
By angel76 on 10/03/06 16:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased the vehicle this weekend. The ride is ultra smooth. The electric seat adjuster on the driver's side is great. This car is a good choice for both the young and old! The interior is both stylish and functional. Just the right amount of gadgets for me, not too many to overwhelm the driver. The power panoramic sunroof is awesome. I will enjoy this S.U.W. for years to come!

My first Subbie
By tcbranger on 10/02/06 10:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

3 guys I knew swore by their Outbacks. Was looking for a new car and test drove the Limited wagon. Leather is nice. Definitely the best car I have ever bought. Perfect size for hauling people yet small and nimble for zipping in Atlanta traffic. All the features on the Limited are worth the extra price. I love it. I'm a normal sized guy and the seats fit me like a glove.

2.5 Outback Basic / Auto
By JP on 09/20/06 10:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm always hesitant when a model says "basic", however the basic outback is far from that, with so many standard features. For the price this may be may best vehicle purchase ever. The only addition to ours is Auto transmission, floor mats, and cargo tray. The gas mileage is better than advertised, so far I'm getting better than 24 mpg city. The Outback rides nice and sits firmly on the road, the interior is plenty spacious and very comfortable. We live in the Rockies and spend significant time driving in snow/wet roads, so an AWD vehicle was a must...Subaru has the best! I would buy another in a minute.

Great bang for the buck
By Jonathan G. on 09/19/06 06:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 72 year old Mom decided it was time to trade in her 1990 Mercedes 300E for a new Mercedes. We looked at both the new Mercedes "C" and "E" models and we were NOT impressed. Looked at Cadillac and Lincoln, just not right. Took her to the Subaru dealer, she got in the Outback, shut the door and her eyes twinkled and said this is "IT". The only thing bad was the dealer offered her almost nothing for her Mercedes that only had 80K miles in garage kept perfect condition. But maybe that was good, because I told her I would buy it for that much, and later that day she said I could have it as a gift for helping her select her new Subaru - AKA Miss Suzy!

Big Bang for my Buck
By Craig on 09/18/06 08:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really don't know what is basic about my BASIC WAGON because it's got all I need and more. This 2007 is a great deal. So far, with routine driving I am getting a solid 24 MPG! I am 5-9" with plenty of room for me and my family of 4. Easy hook-ups for my 2 year old's carseat, and my 15 year old daughter loves it, even though it a wagon. I am so happy with this buy. Safe, fun, loaded by my standards. I have the auto and love that sport shift for the curves. Good stereo for a basic feature too. It's early in the game, but I really think this car is a GREAT deal for the money. With rebate I paid $21,787. The steel 16" wheels are fine by me. Car feels and runs solid like my Toyota always did!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.