2007 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Subaru Outback, 2.5i Manual
By David on 01/03/07 21:06 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this Subaru after taking a look at VW Passat as well as other small SUV's and wagons. The Subaru had the best ride, best fuel economy, except for hybrids, and good looks too.

Great Car
By Fredzilla on 12/18/06 08:34 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We just picked up the new Outback and love it. I was afraid that it would feel gutless compared to my WRX, but the increased low end torque makes it feel almost faster off the line. With the increased creature comforts of the interior (leather, heated seats, aux plug in the center console, Homelink, autodim mirror) and the added cargo space, we have absolutely no regrets.

Nice when new
By Jim B on 12/17/06 17:42 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am very pleased thus far, but then all new cars are usually pleasant. The Subi meets or exceeds all my expectations. It is quite, comfortable, dual climate control works perfectly. It handles very nice, snug and secure feeling. All the safety features are just riding along silently in the background.

Good solid car
By Mark on 12/01/06 09:27 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Owned a 2003 Forester until it was totaled in an accident. The safety design of the car was a selling point and paid off. I never had any problems with the car and don't expect any from my new Outback. The Basic comes loaded, so a higher version just buys luxury items. I think Subaru is trying to compete with the Audi and Volvo AWD sports sedans/wagons. I did not drive them, but the Outback Basic in comparison is a good value. Edmunds true cost to own statistics is a good tool. Even though it doesn't have the lowest total cost, a low purchase price and using Subaru rewards brings the cost down. Two months driving and no problems except the lift gate rattled over bumps. Dealer fixed it.

It Rocks!
By Jim on 11/30/06 14:26 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Outback and this is a quantum leap over my 2001. Smooth, strong acceleration, great sport shift, good mileage, 20-22 mpg in town. Beautiful interior and paint. Love the firm but compliant suspension. New sunroof is big and now opens all the way. Looked at Lexus, Acura, Infiniti. Subaru beat them in all categories above, and about $8,000 dollars less. Do not exceed 4000 rpm for the first 1000 miles and use the accelerator sparingly and you will not be disappointed. After that, let her rip. I also own a pristine 2001 BMW 530 w/SP. Would rather drive the Subaru. The best value on the market.

Does it all
By J dub on 11/17/06 12:40 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I wanted something that was fun to drive, tow my boat and get decent mileage. This was the perfect vehicle. I can get high twenties on the highway, tows my boat, offers the choice of a 5 speed manual (autos are for wimps), has a tremendous list of safety and comfort features, all wheel drive, and tremendous amounts of power for a family wagon. If you want to combine driving fun with economy, utility and safety, nothing in the price range comes close. In city traffic, the turbo is a blast. I have a sports car I put in storage when MN winter weather hits; this car will allow me to not miss it so much during the cold months. It's a blast.

Subaru Outback, 2.5i Manual
By The Czech on 11/10/06 15:03 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted Subaru for some time, finally I have it. Previously VW Golf' 99, Isuzu Rodeo '99 2WD. Must say it is a nice vehicle, fun to drive. I go to Tahoe a bit. If you want to enjoy the car take it on curvy road. It averages 30m/g on hwy. The 2.5i has good power, however another 25 HP would be nice! It lacks get up and go power, do not count on any fast take offs. It pulls nicely up the hill once you get it going. Some wind noise is present. Taking the roof cross bars down might reduce it. The beige cloths seats get dirty very quickly, go with the leather. Some rattling in the cargo area drives me crazy, can't find it. Other than that you are getting a lot for your money. I hope to enjoy it.

A 'Go anywhere, do everything vehicle'
By TheSubaruNut on 11/10/06 10:04 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Navi (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is our 4th Subaru since 1990. This one is the best so far. Style, fit and finish are superb. The stereo with XM radio is outstanding. Wonderful sound system. Handling is great and I love the 3 position switch controlling turbo performance. In the conservative 'Intelligent' mode we get 24+ MPG and the engine has yet to be broken in. Change the switch setting to super high performance and expect to get a real thrill (but plan to pay for it in MPG's). Turning radius is very short and without a doubt the ride beats any Mercedes or Lexus I've ever ridden in. Heated seats respond quickly and will roast your back side when set to high. We have the nav system, but yet to test it.

Subaru hits a home run in 2007
By fish&skibum on 11/09/06 15:29 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We went to the dealer expecting to buy the 2007 LL Bean. I was disappointed with the automatic tranny. Test drove the XT turbo w/ manual shifter and fell in love with it, as did my wife. As ski instructors in Western Colorado with a 50 mile round trip commute, we need a car that works in snow. With VDC, traction control, and snow tires this car will be unstoppable. BTW, Edmund's does not show that this car comes standard with traction control, but it does. With the SI selected to Sport#, this car runs neck and neck with our '02 WRX. Corners like it too. Heated power leather seats, dual zone auto climate control, and quiet ride give this car a lot of upscale standard features.

Fun car to drive
By slerch666 on 11/09/06 09:38 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Having just come off a 9 year love affair with an '85 Caprice Wagon I was looking for something to fill the void. The Outback, while quite a bit smaller, fit the bill. This car handles like a dream. It is responsive and it sticks to the road. I also traded in a '95 Impala for the '07 Outback. I lost some HP but the Outback outperforms on every other level. The apparent lack of unlocking the hatchback from inside without unlocking all doors is semi-annoying. I bought the subwoofer add on and it adds a lot to the sound system. I can't believe how much FUN driving this car can be.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.