2007 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Great in the Snow, Rain
By Michael on 01/06/08 19:00 PM (PST)

Great car. Great value.

Limited limitations
By nornet on 12/12/07 11:50 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

There are few limitations of this vehicle. During the first 6 months of ownership the AWD with it's amazing cornering has got me out of 2 very tight situations where I was cut off by vehicles doing 40 mph less than myself (I wasn't speeding, they pulled out). About the only thing I dont like is the leather heated seats. They are cold up north and the heated area is a little narrow.

What a performer!
By The Subaru Nut on 09/17/07 08:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Navi (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Had a '97 Outback and moved up to this because of the power and safety factors. Fabulous ride, much quieter than the '97 and does everything the old one did but better. The turbo is fantasic, fun and a wonderful enhancement. Mileage averages around 24.4 hwy/city, which I consider not bad for the fun derived. Had it 1 year now and love it! Terrific on snow and ice, and takes mountain passes here in Colorado with ease. Highly recommend to anyone, regardless of normal road conditions in their area. Would not get GPS again, my handheld Garmin is better.

9 months of driving
By john on 08/31/07 17:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Between myself and my wife we have had 5 Subaru outbacks, two of which have been LLBean editions, and three had leather interior. This car carries me alone and I have had the drivers seat cover replaced 3 times so far and coming up on 4, because of abrasions in the leather surface. Subaru has replaced the seat hardware supposedly and adjusted the frame, nothing seems to correct this problem so far. My only deduction is that since my last LLBean in 2002, the seat material quality has declined. Subaru does not indicate to me that they have any major issue with the leather seating.

Mr. Dependable
By David Schmidt on 07/18/07 12:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a 2001 LL Bean Outback. Was very impressed with the overall design, roominess, and comfort level. Also looked at Honda CRVs. There is no comparison value wise. The Subaru comes with many features that the Honda lacks, ie: power driver's seat. My concern about power in the mountains was a non-issue when using the sport shifter. Gas mileage is 27-28 on regular gas.

Like it, but could be better
By Russ on 06/24/07 12:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I like the car. Mileage has been just under 27 MPG mixed driving on 3 tanks. I gave up a 1990 Volvo 240 wagon for this and I do miss the Volvo. Seating position and visibility were better in the Volvo. Performance is adequate, especially for the naturally aspirated 4-cyl. Considering the all wheel drive and ground clearance, the mileage is pretty good. Hopefully it will improve with break-in. I liked the looks of the 2007 grille much better than the new '08, so I grabbed it while I could. Haven't had it long enough to really rate reliability, so it gets an 8 rating there.

Best AWD Sports Sedan Subaru Outback!
By dd on 06/02/07 07:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Subaru Outback LL Bean 3.0 edition after driving every possible AWD sports sedan on the planet. I traded in my 3 season luxury vehicle (2005 Cadillac CTS) for a 4 season AWD Subaru that is a safe, fun, practical and luxurious sedan. The Caddy was absolutely terrible in the snow. I drove the AWD BMW, the Audi A6, the Infiniti G35X and then I tried the Subaru LL Bean. It has all the right features with an engine that is silky smooth. I am very pleased.

Great Car
By MDM on 05/31/07 12:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this to replace the Impreza WRX because I needed the extra cargo space. I have not been disappointed. The fuel economy is reasonable. I have a little over 4000 miles on it and get about 26 MPG for every day driving and it takes regular fuel instead of premium which saves some money. I fill up about evert 330 miles. Drives through snow very well. I drove through 8 inches of wet snow with no issue.

Best Kept Secret
By Costel Jega on 05/07/07 10:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you are in the market for an AWD vehicle do yourself a favor and look no further. I spent a LOT of time, looked at the likes of the CRV, RAV4, 4Runner, Audi, Infinity and FX35. Bang for the buck the Outback is the best deal in town. I have the L.L.Bean with the 6 cyl. engine and all options, heated, leather, etc. What you get is a vastly superior AWD technology compared to most competitors, good MPG, and a solidly built car that can take your family anywhere for about $28k.

1st Subaru
By Craig on 03/27/07 10:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded an Audi A6 Quattro for my outback. The Outback costs 1/3 less than the Audi to replace. The Outback is virtually the same vehicle. I lost heated rear seats and the ride is more stiff. The first day I owned the car I drove in a 8" snow storm and the car handled every bit as well as the Quattro. I have owned 3 Audi's and I am a convert. This is a tremendous car for the money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.