Used 2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Basic Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

2.5 Outback Basic / Auto
By JP

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm always hesitant when a model says "basic", however the basic outback is far from that, with so many standard features. For the price this may be may best vehicle purchase ever. The only addition to ours is Auto transmission, floor mats, and cargo tray. The gas mileage is better than advertised, so far I'm getting better than 24 mpg city. The Outback rides nice and sits firmly on the road, the interior is plenty spacious and very comfortable. We live in the Rockies and spend significant time driving in snow/wet roads, so an AWD vehicle was a must...Subaru has the best! I would buy another in a minute.

-Standard MP3 Playback with an aux input for my iPod -ability to shift the auto transmission manually...better acceleration -fulltime AWD

wish the aero crossbars were standard on the basic model

Big Bang for my Buck
By Craig

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really don't know what is basic about my BASIC WAGON because it's got all I need and more. This 2007 is a great deal. So far, with routine driving I am getting a solid 24 MPG! I am 5-9" with plenty of room for me and my family of 4. Easy hook-ups for my 2 year old's carseat, and my 15 year old daughter loves it, even though it a wagon. I am so happy with this buy. Safe, fun, loaded by my standards. I have the auto and love that sport shift for the curves. Good stereo for a basic feature too. It's early in the game, but I really think this car is a GREAT deal for the money. With rebate I paid $21,787. The steel 16" wheels are fine by me. Car feels and runs solid like my Toyota always did!

Steering wheel, dash layout & color, ride, roadster doors, handling, MPG, looks, safety, price, comfortable ride. I can't wait for SNOW. I drive in WV up and down hills all day. Fog lamps. 175 HP is plenty enough for me and my family.

Well, if there is one thing, I would try to reduce the road noise a bit, but it's what I expected. If you are tall, about 6', this might not be big enough for you. Seriously, I can't think of anything else. I just hope it's as reliable as they rate them.

New 2007 outback
By traci

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for all of 24hrs and LOVE IT! It's a basic 2007 Outback wagon with manual trans. It's only got 80 miles on it for the drive home. Drive home is a curvy road with lots of hilly areas. Handles awesome and climbs the hills like they're not there. Bought it to replace my 2000 Legacy wagon with nearly 100,000 miles on it. I highly recommend this car!

No extras on this car. Simple, like I prefer it. The more extras you have the more things there are with potential to break.

None as of yet.