2007 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
2011 Subaru outback cvt 2.5i
By billj33 on 06/27/11 14:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have an annoying chriping sound when driving slow & or coasting. Dealer replaced at 2000 mi, the timing belt, tensioners, & pulleys, & submitted a QMR to Subaru. The noise continues, & Dealer states this noise is common with 2011 Outbacks. I have filed an ongoing Case # with Subaru. The noise is unacceptable, & Subaru needs to address this problem.

Great in the Snow, Rain
By Michael on 01/06/08 19:00 PM (PST)

Great car. Great value.

9 months of driving
By john on 08/31/07 17:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Between myself and my wife we have had 5 Subaru outbacks, two of which have been LLBean editions, and three had leather interior. This car carries me alone and I have had the drivers seat cover replaced 3 times so far and coming up on 4, because of abrasions in the leather surface. Subaru has replaced the seat hardware supposedly and adjusted the frame, nothing seems to correct this problem so far. My only deduction is that since my last LLBean in 2002, the seat material quality has declined. Subaru does not indicate to me that they have any major issue with the leather seating.

Best Kept Secret
By Costel Jega on 05/07/07 10:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you are in the market for an AWD vehicle do yourself a favor and look no further. I spent a LOT of time, looked at the likes of the CRV, RAV4, 4Runner, Audi, Infinity and FX35. Bang for the buck the Outback is the best deal in town. I have the L.L.Bean with the 6 cyl. engine and all options, heated, leather, etc. What you get is a vastly superior AWD technology compared to most competitors, good MPG, and a solidly built car that can take your family anywhere for about $28k.

Fun to drive but noisy interior
By Dave on 03/05/07 10:26 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good handling and braking performance. Good cornering and center of gravity with high ground clearance. Noisy interior and rear hatch door rattling (even after several dealer attempts to repair).

Nice when new
By Jim B on 12/17/06 17:42 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am very pleased thus far, but then all new cars are usually pleasant. The Subi meets or exceeds all my expectations. It is quite, comfortable, dual climate control works perfectly. It handles very nice, snug and secure feeling. All the safety features are just riding along silently in the background.

It Rocks!
By Jim on 11/30/06 14:26 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Outback and this is a quantum leap over my 2001. Smooth, strong acceleration, great sport shift, good mileage, 20-22 mpg in town. Beautiful interior and paint. Love the firm but compliant suspension. New sunroof is big and now opens all the way. Looked at Lexus, Acura, Infiniti. Subaru beat them in all categories above, and about $8,000 dollars less. Do not exceed 4000 rpm for the first 1000 miles and use the accelerator sparingly and you will not be disappointed. After that, let her rip. I also own a pristine 2001 BMW 530 w/SP. Would rather drive the Subaru. The best value on the market.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.