Used 2007 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Does it all
By J dub

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I wanted something that was fun to drive, tow my boat and get decent mileage. This was the perfect vehicle. I can get high twenties on the highway, tows my boat, offers the choice of a 5 speed manual (autos are for wimps), has a tremendous list of safety and comfort features, all wheel drive, and tremendous amounts of power for a family wagon. If you want to combine driving fun with economy, utility and safety, nothing in the price range comes close. In city traffic, the turbo is a blast. I have a sports car I put in storage when MN winter weather hits; this car will allow me to not miss it so much during the cold months. It's a blast.

SUV utility with turbo manual fun. Gas mileage. Long list of standard features and quality of interior.

Firmer rear sway bar. Tone down the seatbelt chime, when I unbuckle to get through my work parking gates, it's annoying. More 5 speeds! Dealers tell you they don't get many, and when they do, they are gone. But every year there are plenty of left over autos.

Subaru hits a home run in 2007
By fish&skibum

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We went to the dealer expecting to buy the 2007 LL Bean. I was disappointed with the automatic tranny. Test drove the XT turbo w/ manual shifter and fell in love with it, as did my wife. As ski instructors in Western Colorado with a 50 mile round trip commute, we need a car that works in snow. With VDC, traction control, and snow tires this car will be unstoppable. BTW, Edmund's does not show that this car comes standard with traction control, but it does. With the SI selected to Sport#, this car runs neck and neck with our '02 WRX. Corners like it too. Heated power leather seats, dual zone auto climate control, and quiet ride give this car a lot of upscale standard features.

VDC, traction control, and good ground clearance. Airbags everywhere. Gobs of power with decent fuel economy if you watch your right foot. Big knobs and easy to read radio and climate control system. Taupe leather adds classy touch. Much quieter than our WRX. Surprisingly good looking design.

Lack of memory for driver's seat and mirrors is the only thing keeping this vehicle from going head to head and beating the best wagons from Volvo, Audi, and BMW, for a lot less money. Passenger seat needs power height adjustment. Optional XM radio tuning very much NOT intuitive.