2007 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Good car, great value
By LL on 04/19/08 15:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Subaru. I can't report on reliability yet but I think the car is much undervalued (Audi, Volvo?). I actually left the US and brought it with me to Europe (it costs about double here!); drove it across the continent during winter, pulls you nicely out of snow, handles well on the dry road (although certainly not like a BMW), okay mileage but rather poor at high freeway speeds (I guess it's the AWD, ground clearance and relatively big size, btw, backseats down and the cargo sleeps 2 people v. comfy), feels friendly, safe, uncomplicated yet sufficiently equipped, practical and robust, non-flashy and well respected. Maintenance + engine compartment will be the next frontier.

A reliable cold-country vehicle
By Ed on 04/06/08 09:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Outback. Sold first one, a 2000, in '07 with 175 thousand miles bought this. Very reliable, as was the 2000. The driver power seat's been improved, (2000 was poor) altho still could offer more positioning. Standard 2.5 has a little more power, which is nice and it still gets about the same mileage. Car's heavy on safety, which appeals to some. Wish they'd concentrate more on performance and mileage. That said it's not bad in the latter two. I think safety issues are better addressed more by skillful driving. They eliminated the weather radio band which I think was a mistake, I used it a lot.

Mr. Dependable
By David Schmidt on 07/18/07 12:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a 2001 LL Bean Outback. Was very impressed with the overall design, roominess, and comfort level. Also looked at Honda CRVs. There is no comparison value wise. The Subaru comes with many features that the Honda lacks, ie: power driver's seat. My concern about power in the mountains was a non-issue when using the sport shifter. Gas mileage is 27-28 on regular gas.

Like it, but could be better
By Russ on 06/24/07 12:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I like the car. Mileage has been just under 27 MPG mixed driving on 3 tanks. I gave up a 1990 Volvo 240 wagon for this and I do miss the Volvo. Seating position and visibility were better in the Volvo. Performance is adequate, especially for the naturally aspirated 4-cyl. Considering the all wheel drive and ground clearance, the mileage is pretty good. Hopefully it will improve with break-in. I liked the looks of the 2007 grille much better than the new '08, so I grabbed it while I could. Haven't had it long enough to really rate reliability, so it gets an 8 rating there.

Great Car
By MDM on 05/31/07 12:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this to replace the Impreza WRX because I needed the extra cargo space. I have not been disappointed. The fuel economy is reasonable. I have a little over 4000 miles on it and get about 26 MPG for every day driving and it takes regular fuel instead of premium which saves some money. I fill up about evert 330 miles. Drives through snow very well. I drove through 8 inches of wet snow with no issue.

Subaru Outback, 2.5i Manual
By David on 01/03/07 21:06 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this Subaru after taking a look at VW Passat as well as other small SUV's and wagons. The Subaru had the best ride, best fuel economy, except for hybrids, and good looks too.

Subaru Outback, 2.5i Manual
By The Czech on 11/10/06 15:03 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted Subaru for some time, finally I have it. Previously VW Golf' 99, Isuzu Rodeo '99 2WD. Must say it is a nice vehicle, fun to drive. I go to Tahoe a bit. If you want to enjoy the car take it on curvy road. It averages 30m/g on hwy. The 2.5i has good power, however another 25 HP would be nice! It lacks get up and go power, do not count on any fast take offs. It pulls nicely up the hill once you get it going. Some wind noise is present. Taking the roof cross bars down might reduce it. The beige cloths seats get dirty very quickly, go with the leather. Some rattling in the cargo area drives me crazy, can't find it. Other than that you are getting a lot for your money. I hope to enjoy it.

Fun car to drive
By slerch666 on 11/09/06 09:38 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Having just come off a 9 year love affair with an '85 Caprice Wagon I was looking for something to fill the void. The Outback, while quite a bit smaller, fit the bill. This car handles like a dream. It is responsive and it sticks to the road. I also traded in a '95 Impala for the '07 Outback. I lost some HP but the Outback outperforms on every other level. The apparent lack of unlocking the hatchback from inside without unlocking all doors is semi-annoying. I bought the subwoofer add on and it adds a lot to the sound system. I can't believe how much FUN driving this car can be.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.