2007 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
The quality and love are gone!
By bobg04 on 10/18/13 08:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I previously owned a '97 Outback, so when I got a deal on the '07 I was excited at first. I liked the high ground clearance, more horsepower, larger fuel tank, and roomy interior. Then I noticed the still weak fuel efficiency, cheap knobs, cheap and hard to clean interior fabric, and door windows that catch (like my '97). This was nothing when my head gasket went at 97.5 k miles, like my '97 head gasket that went at 105 k. Subaru said they fixed this, but too many others have had the same problem. It's inexcuseable. I think Subaru have lost their quality, and owe all of us the cost of the repair for their poor design. Next time I'm looking for another brand of car.

Don't see the quality
By stevenm5 on 05/10/13 12:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am writing this for my sister, because I end up dealing with her problems and doing all the maintenance. She bought it new, the windshield leaked, and leaked and leaked, five trips to the dealer before it stopped. The wiper motor, two on the front, one rear, under warranty, but still. Leaked oil out of the sending unit, the valve cover gaskets, the drain plug, separate incidents. Chews through tires, 25-30K Bridgestones, not expensive tires, but not cheap either. Wheel bearings: at 100,000 miles she has had to do all four, the first ones at 50,000 miles. Now the head gaskets are leaking. This car is history, If she buys another one, she's on her own.

Subaru, where did the reliability go?
By equiuga on 11/16/11 17:12 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car, but it has had soooo many issues that a car with 70K should NOT have. Both boots in front, the front AXLE!, front bushings, rear wheel bearing, DS seat malfunction, Ck engine lights to name a few. I get my regular incredibly expensive maintenances done and expect more out of a car that I paid this much for. I spoke to a lady with a 08 model and she even had to have her transmission replaced at 30K plus many other MAJOR repairs. I actually chose this car over a honda and I now regret it. Subaru, where has your quality gone?

Great Car with a few critical deficiencies
By subroo13 on 07/18/11 19:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We bought a 2007 LL Bean with Nav. The navigation stopped working a few days ago (after 3 years) - i.e., the screen does not turn on anymore. The dealer was indicating a few thousand dollars for replacement, which I'm not going to. The cruise control does not work in downward inclines. The rear lock (lock to the doggy door) went bad twice. We got it fixed at an authorized dealership in Salt Lake City (Nate Wade) but it went wrong again within a year. On the positive, we just change oil and take it everywhere - in the most horrible roads in deep UT and travelled cross country in the US.

2011 Subaru outback cvt 2.5i
By billj33 on 06/27/11 14:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have an annoying chriping sound when driving slow & or coasting. Dealer replaced at 2000 mi, the timing belt, tensioners, & pulleys, & submitted a QMR to Subaru. The noise continues, & Dealer states this noise is common with 2011 Outbacks. I have filed an ongoing Case # with Subaru. The noise is unacceptable, & Subaru needs to address this problem.

Looks good, unrelenting check engine problem
By notasubaruguy on 02/03/11 13:39 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Purchased at 1 yr old, manufacturer's lease turn in. First electrical problem at 4 months, seemed repaired. Then about a year later, seat heater controls went bad. Several months later, check engine light came on again, just as at 4 months. Wanted to replace O2 sensor ($800) but relented when reminded they already did that less than a year ago. "cleaned" sensor and that solved the problem for about 30 days. Brought in again, this time recommended fuel injection cleaning. Worked for two weeks. Back in again with same problem, after six hours shop has no idea yet what is wrong. Least reliable vehicle ever owned. DO NOT BUY. Back to Toyota or Honda.

Disappointed
By heathertc on 12/02/09 12:40 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We've had our Outback now for 2 years. There are good and bad things to say. The good: love the cargo space, the car zips and weaves through traffic easily, very good in snow. The bad: the seat fabric is terrible. It stains so easily; even a water bottle that sweats will leave a ring that cannot be cleaned/wiped/removed. The back seat is very cramped and it is impossible to have a rear-facing car seat behind either the driver or front-passenger seats unless you like sitting against the dash. The latch connectors are hidden behind flimsy plastic pieces that you have to remove (and end up losing). The window molding around the doors has come off several times.

Unlimited Love for My Limited
By Mickey on 04/28/09 13:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Absolutely love this car. Bought it as a used fleet vehicle with 8k miles. Much better than my 98 Outback. Plenty of smooth power for a 4 cylinder. I can't understand why reviewers constantly dis this engine as being slow. Puts out like a small six in my opinion with plenty of low end torque. I drove a 4 cylinder Camry SE recently and can't understand what all the fuss is about. Subie is much more refined and quicker and the interior design and materials are far superior. I have driven this car in all sorts of conditions for 20K miles and reliability has been flawless. Two friends who own loaded 5 series BMWs were extremely impressed by interior design and comfort of this car.

Good value, nothing fancy
By js on 04/08/09 12:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We bought the '07 Outback Basic from my parents when we had our second child. It's been reliable and rugged, and the high ground clearance has been great for the frequently-flooded streets of Houston. It's a boring car, but can't be beat for the price!

Great car but cheap interior
By Brian on 03/10/09 11:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD w/Navi (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall the car is great. I have the 3.0 L.L.Bean edition and it's very luxurious. It has plenty of power and the fuel economy is ok I get about 15 mpg in the city but I could get 21 mpg city if i drive like a granny. The sound system is pretty good. I love the XM radio and the panoramic sunroof. The main thing I don't like about it is the quality of the interior materials. The leather feels very cheap and is not very soft. The leather around the parking brake is all cracked. The plastic around the AC controls is all scratched just from fingernails turning the dials. The factory Nav is useless! It gives you wrong directions and it always tells you to turn if there is just a curve in the road.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.