Used 2007 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Subaru Outback Sedan

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Can't wait until my family gets rid of it.
By evanlloyd321

2007 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 2007 Subaru Outback wagonis not the smartest option for a Family with 2 kids and a dog, let alone anyone. I am 19, the oldest child of my family. My dad is a car enthusiast who loves wagons, just because that's his thing. In 2007 he decided to buy the L.L. Bean edition, AWD, 3.0L V6 Outback for $28,000. And now it is the car I use at college. I average 17.4 MPG for a tiny Wagon. Anyone can find a vehicle that has more space, better gas milage. I mind as well be driving a Full size SUV or Truck. **A car I am considering is the 2014 Dodge Durango RWD V6, due to better everything than this piece of junk sitting in my college parking deck. Suggestion: Don't buy it!

Favorite Features

There are none, except The styling isn't terrible.

Suggested Improvements

-More leg room all around -More head room -More Cup-holders -2WD option -Much better gas mileage -More comfortable ride

Sweet & Sour
By Earl

2007 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Subaru, like all other cars are mechanical beings. Some sweet some sour characteristics. Four wheel drive for the price they charge is unbeatable but steering is hard at low speeds. Overall it is a fine piece of transportation. The seats are uncomfortable after 15 minutes. The transmission is annoying because of lag when under hard acceleration and then rockets off when it catches up. Center console is useless because it does not act as an arm rest and you have to park the car to find anything in it and it's small. Not enough storage space for personal items. Subaru needs to control their dealers so they don't try to fix your car when it isn't broke. That is the worst thing about it!!

Favorite Features

Four wheel drive, quality of construction, reliability, handling on curves and bad weather conditions and high ground clearance.

Suggested Improvements

Put in a maintenance free battery. Raise the height from the floor to the roof by at least 6". Make the seats wider, flatter and longer. Do away with hood prop stick. Increase inside storage. Make CVT standard on all models. Improve MPG. Make Diesel Engines available in US. Improve Dealerships.

Best AWD Sports Sedan Subaru Outback!
By dd

2007 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Subaru Outback LL Bean 3.0 edition after driving every possible AWD sports sedan on the planet. I traded in my 3 season luxury vehicle (2005 Cadillac CTS) for a 4 season AWD Subaru that is a safe, fun, practical and luxurious sedan. The Caddy was absolutely terrible in the snow. I drove the AWD BMW, the Audi A6, the Infiniti G35X and then I tried the Subaru LL Bean. It has all the right features with an engine that is silky smooth. I am very pleased.

Favorite Features

Wood/ leather momo steering wheel, AWD, steering wheel controls, suspension, comfy seats, stereo SRS, 6 cd, lumbar support, visibility, ruggedness.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the windows had a frame around them for support, and I wish the gas tank fill door was on driver's side (personal preference). I wish it had auto on headlights. As far as gas mileage, it's pretty good at 26 considering it's a 6cyl and AWD all the time.

Excellent Vehicle
By BuffFan

2007 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2007 LL Bean H6 Outback earlier this month, couldn't be happier. Build quality is excellent. More than enough power with H6 and auto transmission. Have used both heater and A/C in temp extremes, it works especially well. Large 2-stage sunroof lets in lots of light. Handling is very snug and car is controllable at its limits. Very pleased with the car overall.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, standard interior features including 6 disc CD changer, heated seats, tire pressure monitoring, windshield wiper warmers, rear cargo area mats, and dual front temp controls.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy, and more rear seat room would be beneficial. Would also like to see more accessories available, including rear seat covers to protect leather upholstery from youngsters. Perhaps better tires at some point, though I haven't pushed these to the limits yet.