2007 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Subaru, where did the reliability go?
By equiuga on 11/16/11 17:12 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car, but it has had soooo many issues that a car with 70K should NOT have. Both boots in front, the front AXLE!, front bushings, rear wheel bearing, DS seat malfunction, Ck engine lights to name a few. I get my regular incredibly expensive maintenances done and expect more out of a car that I paid this much for. I spoke to a lady with a 08 model and she even had to have her transmission replaced at 30K plus many other MAJOR repairs. I actually chose this car over a honda and I now regret it. Subaru, where has your quality gone?

Unlimited Love for My Limited
By Mickey on 04/28/09 13:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Absolutely love this car. Bought it as a used fleet vehicle with 8k miles. Much better than my 98 Outback. Plenty of smooth power for a 4 cylinder. I can't understand why reviewers constantly dis this engine as being slow. Puts out like a small six in my opinion with plenty of low end torque. I drove a 4 cylinder Camry SE recently and can't understand what all the fuss is about. Subie is much more refined and quicker and the interior design and materials are far superior. I have driven this car in all sorts of conditions for 20K miles and reliability has been flawless. Two friends who own loaded 5 series BMWs were extremely impressed by interior design and comfort of this car.

Limited limitations
By nornet on 12/12/07 11:50 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

There are few limitations of this vehicle. During the first 6 months of ownership the AWD with it's amazing cornering has got me out of 2 very tight situations where I was cut off by vehicles doing 40 mph less than myself (I wasn't speeding, they pulled out). About the only thing I dont like is the leather heated seats. They are cold up north and the heated area is a little narrow.

1st Subaru
By Craig on 03/27/07 10:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded an Audi A6 Quattro for my outback. The Outback costs 1/3 less than the Audi to replace. The Outback is virtually the same vehicle. I lost heated rear seats and the ride is more stiff. The first day I owned the car I drove in a 8" snow storm and the car handled every bit as well as the Quattro. I have owned 3 Audi's and I am a convert. This is a tremendous car for the money.

Sports Car?
By BD on 03/16/07 13:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We traded in an 01 Outback wagon for a sedan for my wife. Kid's in college, time for a fun car. This thing handles! The "small" engine is 175HP and it has some legs. During the test drive I took a 90 degree turn on a back narrow road at 30 mph. ABS kicked in for second then hit the gas and she never missed a beat. The car is fun to drive (not that my wife has let me get my hands on it since the test drive). Sharp looking too. Inside nice with leather, moon roof, 6 CD player, and many other features. I think the taupe leather is going to be tough to keep clean but other then that, we are happy. This is the last year for the sedan, grab one while you can.

Reliable & Fun
By Scott on 02/21/07 12:27 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I also own a 1999 Subaru Legacy Outback which I couldn't be happier with its reliability and handling in the northeast winters. I purchased a new 2007 for my wife for Valentine's Day and she loves it. I splurged for every option available including the remote starter and 72 month 100,000 mile warranty and only paid a little more than invoice.

review
By j henry on 02/19/07 13:51 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my third Subaru wagon, not very sexy, maybe, but in my experience reliable.

Canadian Opinion
By Nigel Collins on 01/08/07 14:16 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 98 Forester and a 2001 Outback so I chose to come back to Subaru mainly for the AWD system. I know gas mileage will improve over the first 5000 kilometers, and with warmer temperatures in the spring. Since buying the Outback I've added a tape/film chip guard from Ziebart to help reduce gravel rash on the hood, the arm rest extension, winter mats, and had a dark tint film added to the front part of the sunroof to reduce glare when driving. The build quality appears far better than my earlier purchases, and the fold down feature for the back seat is much more user friendly.The interior materials seem to be of a higher quality with no issues around fit or finish.

Great Car
By Fredzilla on 12/18/06 08:34 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We just picked up the new Outback and love it. I was afraid that it would feel gutless compared to my WRX, but the increased low end torque makes it feel almost faster off the line. With the increased creature comforts of the interior (leather, heated seats, aux plug in the center console, Homelink, autodim mirror) and the added cargo space, we have absolutely no regrets.

2007 Ltd Outback Wagon
By Jon on 10/19/06 17:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I ordered this car with extra features installed at the port and picked it up with 4 miles on it last week on October 12th. This is my sixth Subaru and it is the best in interior finish and outside finish of the past Subarus I have owned. So far I find it to drive very smoothly and the road noise has diminished from the past Subarus I have owned. If it is like the past five Subarus I have owned I will be very satisfied with it as I have never had any problems with any of them. I find the fit, finish and mechanical portions of the car very good. I do find the rear leg room lacking when the front seats are pushed all the way back but I hear they are going to lengthen the Outback in 2009.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.