2007 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Best of many worlds
By Dave on 07/30/08 21:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My 2007 Subaru Outback is not a power vehicle, but it has enough power to take off if need be. The all wheel drive is great off-road and in the snow with the ride in both areas as calm as can be expected. I love having the wagon space when I need it, though I have run into times when I can't fit what I would like because the car is too short or not wide enough with the wheel wells. Gas mileage is right at 26 mph no matter how I drive. Freeway trip mileage is around 28.

Beware high altitude driving
By denver5357 on 02/26/07 12:12 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought our 2.5i wagon a month ago. Good value for the money but I have stumbled upon an existing problem which is apparently being kept quiet. We live in Colorado, and our brand new Subaru starts slowly in cold temps and barely started when we have gone into the mountains (9000+ feet of altitude). This seems to be a common problem around here, though I haven't read of it anywhere. The programming parameters for the car's electronics somehow don't properly take into account the effect of altitude. Mountain owners (say the dealer) have trouble starting Outbacks all the time. Called Subaru of America and was assigned a case number. This should have been fixed years ago. New battery had no effect.

Basics have come a long way.
By MovinAlong on 01/04/07 18:44 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had a contract with Jeep to build a Compass with a M6 but they are holding production of manual transmissions, so I went with the Subaru. This turns out to be a wiser deal. The interior is much nicer and the overall quality of the Subaru is much better. I love the feel of running through the gears although I wish I could run first a little higher although it is beneficial to have a LOW gear for starting on hills. I still have a Jeep Liberty (wife's) and this is my first venture into a foreign (Ohio) car. I really have to say I am pleased with all that comes standard on this car.

Lovin' it
By SWN on 10/10/06 18:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this to replace a Forester - 500 miles so far and I love it. Great lines, nice cockpit feel, handling is excellent. Very well equipped for a base model, including AWD and all Subaru's standard safety features. 2007 base model dropped in price from last year due to them removing alloys, electric driver seat, rear cargo area cover...I don't need that, I'd rather save $1500.

2.5i 5M
By zfk on 10/05/06 21:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had the base Outback about a month, so far it is a good car. The rear hatch started rattling after only 600 miles took it back to the dealer who fixed it. Compared to other brands this one seems pretty solid. I like the ride, it has plenty of hp, mileage is average just under 28.

2.5 Outback Basic / Auto
By JP on 09/20/06 10:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm always hesitant when a model says "basic", however the basic outback is far from that, with so many standard features. For the price this may be may best vehicle purchase ever. The only addition to ours is Auto transmission, floor mats, and cargo tray. The gas mileage is better than advertised, so far I'm getting better than 24 mpg city. The Outback rides nice and sits firmly on the road, the interior is plenty spacious and very comfortable. We live in the Rockies and spend significant time driving in snow/wet roads, so an AWD vehicle was a must...Subaru has the best! I would buy another in a minute.

Big Bang for my Buck
By Craig on 09/18/06 08:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really don't know what is basic about my BASIC WAGON because it's got all I need and more. This 2007 is a great deal. So far, with routine driving I am getting a solid 24 MPG! I am 5-9" with plenty of room for me and my family of 4. Easy hook-ups for my 2 year old's carseat, and my 15 year old daughter loves it, even though it a wagon. I am so happy with this buy. Safe, fun, loaded by my standards. I have the auto and love that sport shift for the curves. Good stereo for a basic feature too. It's early in the game, but I really think this car is a GREAT deal for the money. With rebate I paid $21,787. The steel 16" wheels are fine by me. Car feels and runs solid like my Toyota always did!

New 2007 outback
By traci on 08/18/06 13:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for all of 24hrs and LOVE IT! It's a basic 2007 Outback wagon with manual trans. It's only got 80 miles on it for the drive home. Drive home is a curvy road with lots of hilly areas. Handles awesome and climbs the hills like they're not there. Bought it to replace my 2000 Legacy wagon with nearly 100,000 miles on it. I highly recommend this car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.