2006 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: We don't need no stinkin' turb

2006 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

We don't need no stinkin' turbo!
By Lynne on

2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My first Subaru was a 2000 Limited Wagon. Had no trouble at all with it, except the automatic transmission never seemed to downshift when I thought it should. Now have the 2006 Outback wagon, and love the redesign both inside and out. Have 5 speed manual transmission in this car and love it. If you know how to drive a manual transmission, get it in this car as you can do way better than the 0 - 60 on the automatic transmission. This car is lots of fun to drive, and hugs the road even though it sits rather high up. I feel very safe in it in all weather. I get approx 27 mpg combined in this car with normal driving, but it can really move with the 5 speed manual if you need it to.

5 speed manual, hugs the road, great combination of fun to drive and practicality, can't beat it for the money.

Bring back the weather band radio, get rid of the annoying seat belt chime, rear gate board rattles in everyday driving, a six speed manual would be nice. Otherwise love the car!