Very nice car
By Tscheid52 on
2006 Subaru Outback 3.0 R 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
My GMC Jimmy was coming off lease and I was forced to look for something else. I wanted four wheel drive to deal with the winter weather conditions of the Northeast. However, I was getting tired of paying for the poor gas economy of a mid size SUV. The Outback fit the bill perfectly. This is a very nice vehicle. It is well made inside and out. It drives very much like the 1984 Toyota Supra I owned for ten years. The 6 cylinder boxer is very smooth and powerful. Plenty of passing power, very stable and nimble in the turns. It is very easy to build up speed without noticing it. Good braking. All this and 4 wheel too. Buy it!
Favorite Features
Better fuel economy than an SUV. 4 wheel drive. Drives like a sports car. Nice smooth ride. Plenty of reserve power. While the radio gets criticized, I think it is quite good. I don't need 300 dB of base! Sleek design.
Suggested Improvements
Seating could be more comfortable (cloth seats). Better cup holder placement and design. Needs a little more rear seat room. Needs a place to store change. Larger glove box. Improved dc outlet location. My cell charger barely fits in the console without hitting the shifter. Full size spare.