2006 Subaru Outback 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Practical

2006 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

Practical
By Ann on

2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really like this car. I bought it because the price compared to other similar AWD vehicles was the lowest by far. I needed something that gets around well on snow and that my dog can be comfortable riding in. I have the green color but the interior only came in ivory cloth and when I get in my car after working out I leave sweat marks! The car doesn't get around in the snow as well as my 1999 CR-V but it still gets around. I find the delay in accelerating to pass annoying but not a fatal flaw. The get-up-and-go is the best of any 4 cylinder I've owned - even my husband commented. The seats are comfortable but really low to the ground. I needed a practical car and this is it.

Favorite Features

Looks, AWD, fold down back seats which makes a large cargo area, side impact air curtains, ABS and heated seats. I'm getting about 25-26 MPG combined driving.

Suggested Improvements

Darker fabric seat options, stability control, full size spare and figure out a way to raise the seats. My left knee is practically up by my chin when driving. Passenger side is even worse.