2006 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Practical

2006 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

Practical
By Ann on

2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really like this car. I bought it because the price compared to other similar AWD vehicles was the lowest by far. I needed something that gets around well on snow and that my dog can be comfortable riding in. I have the green color but the interior only came in ivory cloth and when I get in my car after working out I leave sweat marks! The car doesn't get around in the snow as well as my 1999 CR-V but it still gets around. I find the delay in accelerating to pass annoying but not a fatal flaw. The get-up-and-go is the best of any 4 cylinder I've owned - even my husband commented. The seats are comfortable but really low to the ground. I needed a practical car and this is it.

Looks, AWD, fold down back seats which makes a large cargo area, side impact air curtains, ABS and heated seats. I'm getting about 25-26 MPG combined driving.

Darker fabric seat options, stability control, full size spare and figure out a way to raise the seats. My left knee is practically up by my chin when driving. Passenger side is even worse.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review