2006 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Makes driving fun again

2006 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

Makes driving fun again
By LDH on

2006 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove this vehicle about 6-8 times comparing it to Audi, Lexus, Toyota, Acura, Nissan, BMW and each time the handling and "feel good" factor made the Outback the superior choice for me. My wife and I travel to the mountain states each year and can't wait to get into the Outback and put it through mountain roads at a good pace. We also have a Lexus RX 350 and we both barter to use the Subaru each week. If there is a hint of rain or severe weather, the Subaru is the automatic choice. Acceleration and the combined handling with the fuel economy is propelling this vehicle to compete with "all time favorite vehicle owned" for our house. A smart choice.

The handling of the vehicle blows me away every time I put it through its paces. It is like owning a sports car in sheep's clothing. If you aren't smiling when accelerating with this car you aren't driving.

Storage room in the front seat is an issue when you are used to having space for keys, change, or other "stuff" you carry around. A larger glove box would help with this.