Excellent Vehicle
By JM94 on
2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
Traded my 92x for the 2.5I with Navigation; I've had it a few weeks and love it. Vehicle is very solid, absolutely hugs the road and rides much smoother than I expected. It feels safe as a tank, and already I'm getting 27-28 mpg on the highway. The navigation system is cool, the guy has a slight Australian accent. You won't win any drag races with this car, but it is more than adequate for every day life on the highway. I had a car with 227 hp before and found it was an utter waste; great I can floor it for 3 seconds before I have to stop again in traffic. Thinking of an SUV but worried about gas, check this car out, you won't be disappointed. You will save on insurance too, very low risk.
Favorite Features
Has the unique feel of an SUV, without being high up, plus it rides much smoother. Got to love the Navigation system, even though if you disobey it a few times, you can confuse it, eventually it will figure out where you are and recalculate directions. Ride quality is great, far better than I expected.
Suggested Improvements
Vehicle is great, I guess if they added stability control, it would be a nice feature but Subaru's AWD system is awesome. I've had a few and never had a situation where the car lost traction. My garage door opener doesn't fit on the sun visor - it's too thick, but that's not a deal breaker.