2006 Subaru Outback 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Best of all worlds

2006 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5i Limited Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Best of all worlds
By Bruce on

2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Of all the the new cars/suvs I've owned, this one's the best so far. I wanted good gas mileage, decent performance, good handling, safe, full time all wheel drive, decent ground clearance, room to carry, comfort and this car has got it all. I got the base engine and it's been a solid performer. Only once trying to pass going UP a hill did I notice less power available to me. I'm getting 24.3 MPH in mixed driving with lots of hills. The one car I've never regretted buying for any reason. Get the leather seats. :-) Can't think of one complaint yet.

Favorite Features

Big, I mean BIG sunroof, with an excellent 2 part design. Good driving feel, responsive to drive! Excellent in rain. Good climate control. Good safety rating. Good layout of controls. Leather seats are as comfortable as my SUV's used to be. No Onstar (hurray!); who needs useless controls.

Suggested Improvements

Not much. I like the grill look a little better on the new Impreza. No engine complaints but keep trying to squeeze out more mpg for the same HP. :- ) Automatic driving lights so they kick on at night. XM radio.