2006 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Well worth the money
By foxvalues on 07/26/06 12:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD w/NAVI (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent car, fun to drive, luxurious feel.

So far, so great
By Joe on 07/24/06 21:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Ltd 4dr Wagon AWD w/Black Int (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Only 3 months into this, but the car is great fun to drive, lots of versatility, poor gas mileage the only drawback. (Still better than the '93 Land Cruiser). Excellent road car, wonderful compromise between utility and fun to drive. One pesky factory defect, broken clips in the dash, requiring several trips to the dealer until they got the right parts. Good purchase experience. Fun to own a car that is still unlike everyone else. Looking forward to the all wheel drive in the snow.

So Far, So Good
By ob-skier on 07/24/06 14:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought based on my mechanic recommending only Toyota, Honda, or Subaru. Had several friends with Outbacks. I considered the RAV4, CR-V, Accord, Legacy sedan. Would have gone with the Legacy, but no fold-down seats limits its utility. Gas mileage is ok - but expected with AWD.

Original Cross-Over Vehicle
By Tom on 07/17/06 13:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Best car in its class. This is my third Subie. I traded in a 2002 Legacy Sedan that had 93,000 trouble free miles. My '98 Impreza had 125,000 miles and ran like new till it was totaled.

2006 Outback
By kat95 on 07/16/06 16:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my third Subaru but my first wagon. I have owned this vehicle for two weeks and am finding excuses just to go out. I love driving it and find it quite comfortable. It's also a great alternative to an SUV which is too big for me as I am short. You don't feel like you're driving a wagon as the ride is firm and sporty. Great all around I would highly recommend Subaru to anyone as my experience has been wonderful.

I love this car
By mcmurt on 07/13/06 17:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Subaru Legacy before this Outback. I love this car. I have the 6 cylinder, and it is sporty and functional at the same time. Well designed and luxurious for this type of car. I compared it to all other models in its class including the RAV4 and it stood way above the others!

2.5i Limited
By Bob on 07/06/06 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Very surprising vehicle, and my first Subaru. Great looks and an even better interior. The normally aspirated 2.5L engine is smooth and responsive for a 4 cylinder. I'm coming from a large SUV, and the transition has been a pleasure with this Subaru. I feel I got more bang for the buck with this vehicle than if I had gone with either the RAV-4 or CR-V, given the rebates that Subaru was offering. $24,700 out the door.

2.5i Outback LTD
By photomel on 07/05/06 18:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just got back from my first road trip in my new car. Enjoyed the performance and the feel of the car. There are a few things about the interior that I do not like (see below). I considered this purchase for a very long time and did a lot of research. I think it will meet my needs for a long tome to come. I am a first time Subaru owner, but based on how many people drive them here in Central Oregon I don't think I will be disappointed.

Nice Car!
By sasquatch on 06/25/06 12:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first Subaru since my 85 GL Wagon. It came down to a choice between the Sube and a Honda CR-V EX AWD. I chose the Sube because of its superior AWD system and better towing capacity, while the Honda had an advantage in interior space. So far, after 3000 miles but no winter driving, I'm pleased. I'm averaging 25-26 mpg. I get 30 mpg on the highway at 65 with the A/C on, or at 70 with it off; mileage decreases to about 26 at 80 mph. Trip computer mileage estimate is optimistic by about 2 mpg. Plenty peppy with manual transmission, but revs are high - almost 2700 rpm at 60 mph. I just hope that Subaru hasn't strayed too far from its roots - who really needs expensive 55-series tires?

The Best Wagon on the Market
By Jose Alfredo on 06/19/06 17:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

A great 4 cylinder car that has very good mileage on all-wheel drive. Many things are standard on this car, like ABS brakes and alloy wheels. Fun to drive, easy to make U-turns, and has ample power for going on vacations.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.