2006 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2.5 XT Limited Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual w/Black Int)

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Worry free vehicle
By dozer on 04/04/12 05:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 XT Ltd 4dr Wagon AWD w/Black Int (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my 5spd OBXT Limited new back in '06. Have not had a single problem after 6 years and 53K miles. The car is bullet proof, both mechanically and cosmetically. Paint has held up extemely well, very chip resistant. As for traction, the car is unstoppable in snow. Two foot drifts barely register with the Subie's tenacious AWD and ample road clearance. If you live in or near a snow belt, these cars are at the very top of the food chain. Best part is performance. The XT has some STi DNA. It eats Audi A4's for lunch in the stoplight wars. Reliability, unflappable AWD, lightening quick w/turbo, sharp looking. Love it, love it, love it! I plan to hopefully ride it another 6 years.

Check Engine Light For the LOSS
By Amy on 08/05/10 05:09 AM (PDT)

I purchased mine as a CPO. Within 2 months the drivers side window stopped going up and down, the sunroof refused to open, and the check engine light has come on 3 times. It has been the dealer 4 times in 2 months! I am BEYOND unhappy with the purchase! Subaru clearly also doesn't know how to fix the check engine light as the code is for an engine misfire cylinder 2 - we first were told to do the spark plugs, done, then when it went back they did the coil for just that cylinder, and now who knows what they will come up with. I can't rely on the car not to throw a code. Waste of money.