Great Value
By Robert on
2005 Subaru Outback 3.0 R AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
I bought my car used with 7100 miles on the odometer. I love spirited driving. I am not totally happy with the suspension. The 8" ground clearance causes a floatiness at highway speeds and on undulating roadways. Maybe too much air is going under the car and causing lift. The interior is nicely appointed and handsome. I found the left foot rest not quite the right size or in the best position. I and am constantly moving my foot to get the most comfortable spot. The radio needs a sub woofer as standard equiptment. Car is very quiet at highway speed. Doors close with a reasurring thunk. The brakes are a little squishy. I prefer a more solid feel to the pedal pressure.
Favorite Features
The headlights are perfectly positioned and give the road ahead good visibility. The dash is very good looking and all the controls have a quality feel and are easy to use. Love the dash illumination at night.
Suggested Improvements
With exorbitant gas prices I wish the car ran on regular. Firm up the suspension to reduce the floatiness. Add rear air conditioning vents.