2005 Subaru Outback 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2005 3.0 Sedan Review

2005 Subaru Outback Sedan - Consumer Review

2005 3.0 Sedan Review
By Melissa Hamm on

2005 Subaru Outback 3.0 R AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 5th Subaru I have owned. I have always loved their cars and have enjoyed upgrading through the years. I bought the 2005 Outback sedan because of the new 6 cylinder 250HP engine. The car has been great with the exception of poor craftsmanship on the interior. I have had 2 interior panels replaced and I have the faux wood grain molding on order that goes on the dash. This is to try to fix rattles that are occurring in the dash and near the rear window. So far, nothing has been resolved with the new parts. I have been extremely disappointed with the way the plastic parts have been put together. Aside from the rattles, the car performs beautifully. AWD awesome!

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls, new placement of seat heaters, more responsive braking. AWD has been fantastic on all of my Subarus.

Suggested Improvements

Improved interior quality on dash. Plastic parts around the dash squeak and rattle easily. Passenger seat should also raise and lower like the driver's.