2005 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Great Value

2005 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2005 Subaru Outback

3.0 R Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Great Value
By Robert on

2005 Subaru Outback 3.0 R AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car used with 7100 miles on the odometer. I love spirited driving. I am not totally happy with the suspension. The 8" ground clearance causes a floatiness at highway speeds and on undulating roadways. Maybe too much air is going under the car and causing lift. The interior is nicely appointed and handsome. I found the left foot rest not quite the right size or in the best position. I and am constantly moving my foot to get the most comfortable spot. The radio needs a sub woofer as standard equiptment. Car is very quiet at highway speed. Doors close with a reasurring thunk. The brakes are a little squishy. I prefer a more solid feel to the pedal pressure.

The headlights are perfectly positioned and give the road ahead good visibility. The dash is very good looking and all the controls have a quality feel and are easy to use. Love the dash illumination at night.

With exorbitant gas prices I wish the car ran on regular. Firm up the suspension to reduce the floatiness. Add rear air conditioning vents.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review