2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Consumer Reviews 23

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Our ninth Subaru. We take them to 175000
By Gorbes on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 XT Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is a barrel load of fun to drive. It is a real "sleeper"and this one has surprised many a kid in his lowered Honda with subwoofers. It has excellent grip on the Nova Scotia dirt roads we drive; the brakes are truly astounding and have kept us on two occasions from making venison with the bumpers. It has only one problem, in common with it's fellow turbo Subies - turbo lag. Saab relegated it to the automotive history pile a few years ago.

Air Conditioning Problems!!
By pitstaff10 on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great looking car and fun to drive, as long as it's not hot outside. Only 300 miles on car and has been in for repair already. Comfort takes a ding on this one due to the newly designed AC cycles constantly every 20-30 seconds between cold and warm making for an annoying sensation. Outside temp at 82 and inside still not all that cold. Subaru America says that's just the way it is designed and will have to live with it. I've had better AC in cars 20 years old!! Beware of this "new" design!! Gas mileage seems to be great but can be uncomfortable to drive in hot environments, so much for a great commuting vehicle.

On Velvet Rails
By Conductor on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ride/handling is superb,like riding on velvet covered rails. Power is ample, even w/ A/C on, to pass on the turnpike or climb a steep hill. Excellent controls for air, dash lights, wipers, etc. The radio is awesome but the steering wheel arrows move you to the next station, not the next preset, as I've had in the past. The sunroof opens real deep, and with the windows open, it is like riding in a convertible. Over all, it is the ride that makes the best impression.

773 miles so far
By Lovin it on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 XT Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've only owned my XT Limited for about a week at this point and I believe it's the best car purchase I've very made. I know time will tell but so far it's great. This cars over all road manner is unbelievable, just step on the gas and your gone. It handles well and has really impressed all the people who have taken a ride. The quality is second to none and in fact a lot of people mistake it for an Audi or Volvo. If you haven't driven one what are you waiting for.

problem with 2005
By anxious on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2005 outback two days ago and love it except for the fact that the day after I drove it off the lot the check engine light came on with a blinking cruise light indicator. The dealership read the code to be the oxygen sensor, cleared it,and said to come back if it comes on again. Well it came back on today and I'm bringing it in to be checked again tomorrow. Here's hoping it turns out to be a minor glitch if anything....

A big surprise
By Hugh Evans on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Kids grew up, replace the Sienna (we loved) with something for the two of us. Looked at CRV, Volvo CX70 etc. By chance dropped by Subaru dealer who didn't even have an Outback ready to drive. When we did, loved it and bought. Nothing outstanding just a wonderful interior, wonderful ride, perfect size. My wife wanted good mileage and non premium gas so we ordered the 4 cyl. My preference would have been the 6 but that was our choice. Car is in a lovely green with cream leather - get lots of stares and questions.

a very fine car
By kmfitz on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

a fine looking car, a fine, fun driving car. i had previously had a 2000 Outback that i was very happy with..and this car is all that and more. more power, more luxury, more toys.

great car
By ambrose on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

It is fun to drive. It goes almost anywhere a large suv goes. We have plenty of space for our family of four.

Just LOVE it!!!!!!
By lolasmom on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Today is the third day we have owned our Outback. This car is just a blast! It's quick and handles like a sports cars, but the interior is total luxury, and it's roomy enough for dogs, kids and grocery bags. We have done it all in this car: around town, highway and off road driving. We went off road on jeep trails, this baby climbed over rocks and tree roots without a problem!! The Outback is just perfect, it's everything I have ever wanted all rolled into one!!!

A world apart from the last generation
By MOutback on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 XT Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I traded my 2000 Outback to buy a 2005 Outback XT Ltd., and the difference is incredible. This car is a world apart from the last generation in terms of power, handling, ride, and interior/exterior design. It's ridiculously fast, yet very capable & composed. The mild turbo lag isn't annoying at all. The SPORTSHIFT is nearly delivers the thrill of a manual (although the steering wheel buttons must be replaced with stereo controls and paddle shifters). This is a sports car with room! Sure, there still is plenty of room for improvement (see below), but the positives easily make up for the negatives. Every drive is so rewarding. Is this really a Subaru?