2005 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Reliable
By Will Lee on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Having owned a Subaru previously I was encouraged to buy another for its reliability. This one I like even more. It is comfortable, has a nice weight to it for highway driving, corners amazingly well for a four door car and has good pickup for a four cylinder auto. And I like the safety facto of the all wheel drive.

from a newly made subaru fan
By BZS on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a spectacular vehicle. This is the cheapest new car I ever bought: it is the most satisfying I ever had. It does everything so well: you wouldn't anticipate that from "a subaru". My previous "performance" cars were an Audi A6, then a Cadillac CTS (So, I know how owning a new car makes you feel and have high standard for comparison). This car is more responsive, just as comfortable, and arguably safer, more reliable and much cheaper than those. Actually, it even looks nice (well, maybe not as nice as the Audi) It may not have the aura of the luxury cars, but its down-to-earth design and "ready for everything" personality makes you feel GOOD every day

Subaru 4 cyl wagon turbo limited
By Larry Larsen on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have driven excellent old Cadillacs. This car rides and handles much better. It is agile, responsive, quiet, and a joy to drive.

Seat Comfort
By 3rd Subaru on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This Outback is my 3rd Subaru -- I still own a '93 Legacy LSI wagon. Fantastic exterior design, quality, etc. But... WARNING: I'm 5' 10'' tall and am still having difficulty adjusting to the extra firm seats and a steering wheel that is too far away when my legs are in a comfortable position. Several others have commented about this in Subaru forums - It is not a minor inconvience when you find yourself in pain after a long trip. A beautiful car with a serious design flaw -- it needs a telescopic steering wheel.

Subaru Outback 05
By john bahn on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Recently leased this vehicle after taking a test drive. The test drive was outstanding and the car came to me exactly as I wanted. Love the leather interior and the handling is great...gotta watch the turns because it has a tendency to understeer but other than that it's a fabulous car. Watch the leasing company, though. Their contracts are vague and quite frankly the leasing company I deal with doesn't know their own forms very well

My Bean
By Dr. Don on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just returned from a 1500 mile trip. It was a joy to drive. The ride was very comfortable with no outside noise. It has a lot of power and with the 5 speed transmission I got 25.8 mpg.

fantastic car
By domestics stink on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My poor nissan pickup truck is getting lonely. I can't get enough of the outback. Comfy, quick, knockout to look at. Subaru has truly out done themselves. We have the L.L.Bean Edition with the boxer 6...wooooohoooo. And having a bit of a growl when you stomp on the gas kinds feels good too. Only complaint is no memory seats. Small small price to pay. Fantastic value.Kudos to Subaru for taking the next step to making the perfect car.

Wow!
By Jfish on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Just traded in an anemic 200 Outback w/ the normal 2.5 for the new XT. This car shows that Subaru pays attention to detail, and acutally improves wht needs to be improved, and can leave the rest alone. This car is fast, handles great, outstanding comfort! It was more $$ than the old 2.5, but well worth it. This care GOES!

OUTBACK RULES!!!
By maegokid on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

OVERWHEMINGLY PLEASED WITH THE CAR'S HANDLING & INTERIOR AMENITIES. AFTER CAR SHOPPING FOR A WHILE EARLIER THIS YEAR FOR A NEW CAR, I HAD NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT GETTING A SUBARU UNTIL I TEST DROVE THE 2005 OUTBACK & FELL HEAD OVER HEALS FOR IT'S DESIGN (IN/OUT) & EXTRAORDINARY DRIVING CAPABILITIES ON PAVEMENT OR OUT. IT FEELS GREAT TO OWN A WELL BUILT, STURDY, GOOD LOOKING CAR THAT ALMOST NOBODY DRIVES, FEELS LIKE YOU KNOW SOMETHING THEY DONT. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO COMPLIANTS; IT'S A PLEASURE TO DRIVE ESPECIALLY WITH THE WINDOWS DOWN, HUGE MOONROOF OPEN & THE MUSIC WAY WAY UP.

swell subaru for the dough
By snowflame on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

one of the most impressive handling cars for its price,about 30000 and awd to boot.Owned lots of sport sedans but this wagon really takes the cake.I get more impressed every day and lots of opportunity to put this machine through the moves with my 85 mile commute on back country Connecticut roads.The 250 hp boxer is a marvel and the response is even and seamless,it even has shifters on the mo-mo wheel for hands on driving.I have never had a Subaru before and was I in the dark about this value car!!!!move over Audi and save the dough for a nice cruise when you need away time.Fit and finish are nice and creature comforts abound.Its a must drive auto.........