2005 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Best Subaru Yet
By Westrout on 11/14/04 12:48 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this car in Sept, fully loaded, every option available. Excellent car, rides great, handles great, abundant power, great interior, intuitive, materials are high quality. Great light up dash, turbo provides plenty of power on hills and mountains. AWD is the best in the world, total confidence. This is my third Subaru, and the is by far the best they have ever built. BMW & Audi should pay attention as these cars are world class, and provide unbelievable value, utility and fun to drive factor for a reasonable price.

A Gem of a Car
By reeder on 11/09/04 21:15 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my new Outback less than one week. Had a 2001 Forester which has served me well. I love this car! The interior is plush and updated. I have noticed the headlights are not super bright, but everything else is wonderful.

Hold on to your hat.
By eteh on 11/07/04 07:58 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had this car for about 1 week now and I can't say enough about how much I LOVE to drive this car. I commute about 60 miles every 2-3 days for work and this car has made every minute an absolute joy. It's quick, very quick (I hope I don't get a ticket) and handles like butter--very responsive. I had no problems making a u-turn in a fairly narrow street. We can't wait to start using it for all our outdoor activities. The trunk space is great for all our gear. The only problem is that the sub-woofer rattles the interior plastics at moderate volumes.

Great but with warning
By TomSea on 11/04/04 00:16 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned ours for two months and find it outstanding in comfort and to be a solid quality vehicle. Great interior comfort; lots of pep and a much admired purchase. But pay attention to other reviewers' comments on the headlights: How long have humans been making cars? These are a disaster on rural roads. Forget about seeing more than 20 yards ahead on curves or hills. And you'll never see deer in these headlights. If you do lots of nighttime rural driving get another car.

Love at first drive
By jhc003 on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I just picked up this car last week and I absolutely love it! The ride, build quality and value are second to none. The ride is very solid and stable and the interior ammenities are superb. This is my first Subie and I was skeptical at first but after I drove this car I knew nothing else could compare in terms of quality and value. The revamped interior is very stylish and functional. The exterior is also nicely done and what's under the hood is the real treat. The 250 hp turbo engine is phenomenal! You better hang on to your hat when you hit the gas in this baby. If you're looking for versatility, power, luxury and AWD you simply can't beat this car. I can't wait to drive this car more!

headlights
By w.frascella on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

low beams in rural areas look like a shade was pulled down to about 6 feet off the ground.headlights have 2 filiments in 1 bulb and to raise the low beams so you can rean street signs the high beams are directed into the sky. there is a coller around the bulb and it cuts off the top two thirds of the light.it is not as noticeable in the city because of the background lights.i contacted subaru at the suggeston of my dealer and after 2 calls was told they plan no corrective action. test this car at night and on rural roads-it is scarey!

Beauty, Brains & Muscle
By Viking517 on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2001 Outback VDC. It was a very good car. I did have a few minor complaints that always prevented the car from being all it should be. I just bought the 2005 LL Bean Edition Outback and it now qualifies as EXCELLENT! The performance has been greatly improved, the ammenities are what you would expect from a $32000 vehicle, and the design (interior and exterior) is up there with the best from Europe. And it handles much, much better than a comparably equipped VW or Audi or Volvo...all of which cost significantly more. Overall, while not inexpensive, a great value!!!!

The Best Yet!!
By Kabar on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Outback and by far the best!! Subaru really listened to all the surveys and out-did themselves with the 2005 model! Power, comfort, looks...and fun!! I love the new Color- I bought the Atlantic Blue. I've had so many comments about my "new car" and tell me about the car and it's features!

Fantastic Crossover!
By drobine on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

With the H6 boxer, it has plenty of power for driving around town and highway. We bought it to have a comfortable, reliable, around-town car that could go off-road. We couldn't afford a VW Touareg V8. Other cars driven were Toyota 4Runner, Honda Pilot and Acura MDX. The Outback was easier to live with than the 4Runner (too rough in-town), nicer than the Pilot (disappointing finish inside for a Honda), and was a virtual tie with the Acura MDX. The Outback felt more spacious than the Acura while behind the wheel.

05 Subaru Outback Turbo
By Therapet on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Subaru Outback Turbo (2005) Sleek styling, smooth riding, lots of extras. Smaller steering wheel, good sound system, 6 cd changer, very comfortable and fun to drive.