Used 2005 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Love my Outback
By jackco00

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my LL Bean 2005 Outback wagon, but I'm still shocked by the gas mileage I'm getting. Highway driving is not problem, but around town I sometimes only get 16 mpg! I switched to mid-range fuel, but that doesn't help much with the price of gas these days. I would love to get another Outback, but Subaru hasn't done anything to improve mileage in the new V6's except changing to regular gas. I'm considering a Toyota hybrid for my next car.

versatility, rides like a sport sedan but is higher and easier to get in and out of, I love the wagon styling too

increase the gas mileage; consider hybrid technology

2005 Outback LL Bean
By sailaway3662

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We love this car. I has excellent build quality and the boxer engine is very powerful. The AWD is great in the snow; we take it skiing and it is very sure footed. The wagon is great and we can load just about anything on it with some planning. My only complaint is that it averages 18 MPG town/freeway. If you keep it to 70 MPH or below you can average 24 MPG on the freeway. We live in Southern Cal. and often exceed that. Would definitely recommend it.

AWD, wagon, quality of build.

Wished the MPG was higher but that is the price for more power.

Subaru Quality
By Peter

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Came from a Volks Jetta VR6 wagon, surprised that the Outback gets better gas mileage then the Jetta, even though the Jetta was a smaller car and front wheel drive. All arround the Outback is good car. Feel very safe with Outback, in addition to its sturdiness. So far it is a reliable car, even though I have spent a total of $1500 on the brakes two different times.

The Outback is good looking. Very happy with stereo. Highway mileage is better then what was stated. Very comfortable interior.

The sunroof liner creaks. Door windows need a frame. The interior upholstrey could use impovement in the fit and finish. The hooks that hold the floor mats in place broke, need to improve that design.

An All-Around Excellent Car
By Viking

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is an excellent car. Actually, this car does not really have any direct competition for the price. It is very comfortable and looks upscale in and out. Of course, I wish I would average better that 21 MPG, but a lot of my driving is real stop and go. The car has never had to be repaired, only its regular servicing. Perhaps it is the brochure cover green, but I always get a lot of compliments on its looks. The car has no shortage of power and it handles incredibly well.

Quality, style, size, features including a mammoth sunroof!

Telescoping steering wheel, better fuel efficiency, auto-up/down front power windows.

Green Bean
By Dave

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I saw the car on the lot and fell in love with the color (Willow Green) for starters. Thought the flared fenders and rugged looks were awesome. I took it for a ride and the seamless power from 0 to 70 was awesome. It does have a few second delay when you step on it so If you are counting on the 250 horses to make up for the close pull out in traffic, think before you put your nose out there. The huge sunroof is a bit chattery when closed and almost impossible to have open while going over 50 from the wind noise. I tried to buy a sunroof deflector from the dealer and the one listed ONLY fits the sedan, not the wagon.

Power, color,17" tires, Tiptronic, leather

Gas mileage, quieter sunroof both shut and especially while open, gear selector gates are sometimes hard to get back into park. Real antenna not in the rear window, weather radio station, thinner rear view mirror.