2005 Subaru Outback Sedan - Consumer Reviews

3.0 R 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )
Awsome cars
By rotcfancy on 01/10/12 12:07 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I upgraded to an 05' Outback sedan from a 95' Legacy. Whether looking for a reliable car for a new driver, older driver, daily driver, or road trip. This is dependable in the rain, snow, sun, extreme cold, you name it. It's fun ( I have gone mudding with trucks)and towed them out) Its classy, comfy, and quick. It's the best car for the price. Other cars in the same year are the same price but this WILL get you to work in the snow. If you want to call off of work b/c of weather get something else. I am now a full blown Subaru Lover.

Best car for the money
By Dave Schwartz on 03/07/09 07:26 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Hondas, Toyotas, and several other foreign and domestic cars. The Subaru is by far the most dependable, best handling and Superior in bad weather to any car I have driven. I have a hard time believing some of the negative reviews I've read on the Internet. Either some people have never driven in the rain or a snow storm or they work for another car company. Do yourself a favor and just ask anyone who owns a Subaru what they think and I'm sure you'll get a very positive reply.

Very Happy
By merlwein on 07/23/07 16:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Once owning it I finally opened it up and this car is great. Has great take off with a nice highway feel. The automatic sport transmission is really fun when you want to feel the pull. Handles very nice around turns with great precision. I have the heated seats and windshield which I can't wait to use this winter.

Best I've Ever Owned
By BILL on 04/14/07 08:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great overall value as with previous Subarus I've owned, but very refined. Compares favorably to an Audi A4 Quattro in performance, features and comfort, but it was $10-12k less. Full-time AWD is seamless and sure, and the 6 cyl boxster engine with the Auto stick trans is great for both performance and convenience, but I still get 26-29 mpg in mixed driving. In almost 60k on the odo, not a single maintenance issue. I know all cars are getting better all the time, but I've owned dozens of every type and major brand over 38 years, and this is the best ever for me. I'm keeping this one, but if I had to trade, I'd swap for a newer version of the same.

By Earl Evans on 09/04/05 10:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 10th Subaru, all were reliable, great in snow, dealer is fantastic.

Great Value
By Robert on 08/11/05 20:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car used with 7100 miles on the odometer. I love spirited driving. I am not totally happy with the suspension. The 8" ground clearance causes a floatiness at highway speeds and on undulating roadways. Maybe too much air is going under the car and causing lift. The interior is nicely appointed and handsome. I found the left foot rest not quite the right size or in the best position. I and am constantly moving my foot to get the most comfortable spot. The radio needs a sub woofer as standard equiptment. Car is very quiet at highway speed. Doors close with a reasurring thunk. The brakes are a little squishy. I prefer a more solid feel to the pedal pressure.

GREAT SEDAN
By dfw outback on 07/07/05 21:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

this car does it all. I love to drive it when my wife finally allows me to have the keys... we have two children and have taken some family trips with plenty of room for everyone. great car.

Ultimate Adverse Weather Sedan!
By Alex Parisky on 02/25/05 23:55 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the Outback 3.0R Sedan last October, 2004. The car has already been through 2 blizzards in Mammoth, CA and the monsoon rains here in Southern California. The 8+ inch body lift came in handy when 3-4 feet of snow dumped overnight during Christmas and I had to get out in the morning, with no problems of course. I am happy Subaru finally put a nice strong, responsive engine in strong sturdy body.

2005 3.0 Sedan Review
By Melissa Hamm on 02/13/05 19:39 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 5th Subaru I have owned. I have always loved their cars and have enjoyed upgrading through the years. I bought the 2005 Outback sedan because of the new 6 cylinder 250HP engine. The car has been great with the exception of poor craftsmanship on the interior. I have had 2 interior panels replaced and I have the faux wood grain molding on order that goes on the dash. This is to try to fix rattles that are occurring in the dash and near the rear window. So far, nothing has been resolved with the new parts. I have been extremely disappointed with the way the plastic parts have been put together. Aside from the rattles, the car performs beautifully. AWD awesome!

Subaru 05 Outback Sudan
By Richard Llewellyn on 12/31/04 22:24 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Handles like a dream in the ice and snow, does not silp or slide and tracks very well