MY 2003 OUTBACK
By RICHVANWAG on
2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 35th Anniversary Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
THIS IS OUR SECOND OUTBACK--WE PUT 135000 ON A 1999. THIS CAR IS THE H6, WHICH IS A BIG IMPROVEMENT IN POWER. WE FOUND THE OLD ONE AND THIS NEW ONE TO BE BULLETPROOF. THE NEW ONE HAS HAD NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER. WE HAVE DRIVEN IT 14,000 MILES IN LESS THAN SIX MONTHS, AND NOT A SINGLE COMPLAINT. IT GETS REASONABLY GOOD GAS MILEAGE (ABOUT 25 IF YOU HOLD IT TO 75MPH ON THE FREEWAY) DROPPING TO 23-24 IF YOU DRIVE IT 80-85, WHICH IT DOES COMFORTABLY. I DISLIKE THE NOISE LEVEL IN THE CABIN AT HIGHER SPEEDS. IT IS AN EXCELLENT SNOW CAR. THE HIGH CLEARANCE IS A REAL PLUS IN DEEP SNOW.
Favorite Features
I LIKE THE NEW ENGINE MUCH BETTER THAN THE FOUR CYLINDAR. I LIKE THE DEPENDABILITY. THE NEW ENGINE IS JUST A MUCH BETTER PACKAGE. I ALSO LIKE THE WAY THE INTERIOR HOLDS UP--THINK IT IS THE BEST VALUE AROUND FOR WHAT YOU GET.
Suggested Improvements
THE SIX IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE TOP END LLBEAN MODEL AND IN THE LOWER END. WE BOUGHT THE LOWER END AND WANTED THE LEATHER INTERIOR, SO HAD TO HAVE IT INSTALLED. THEY NEED TO REVISIT THE AVALABLITY OF THE SIX IN ALL MODELS. SUBARU NEEDS TO WORK ON THE NOISE LEVEL IN THE INTERIOR.