2004 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Engine Trouble
By Clooney on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love teh car most of the time, but it keeps shutting off without warning while driving slow or at a stand still. Subaru so far hasn't been able to find the problem or fix it.

?
By karenmoorebrunelle on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My third Subaru. First a legacy wagon then two outbacks. All great cars. Reliable, functional and still f

won out over audi a4
By subby boy on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife actually chose this car over the A4 avant wagon, with the conditions in Utah, the clearance, reliability, room, and features were a much better fit, of course it cost less as well

H6 verses the 4 cyl
By wankie on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had a 2001 Outback 4 cyl, which was a good car. Having traded to the H-6 in 03,it feels like a different car, suttle differences emerge over time. Corners much better, and rolling acceleration, for passing are night and day better. Here in Boise, I can now keep ahead of the mad Truck Drivers.Or at least,Get away from them.

A great value
By peterofski on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Outback. I owned one in the 90's and didn't like it. The fuel tank was too small and the car seemed excessively noisy. Needless to say, I was impressed by the improvements in the '04 models. I have the L.L.Bean edition. The ride is impressive for a car in this price range. The fit and finish are high quality. It perfoms well in the snow and slush of New England. The sound system is first rate. I enjoy driving this car. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

35 th Special Ed
By LLBen on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 35th Anniversary Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far so good, we also have a 3 year old Forester that has been A++. I wish the Outback was just a little larger inside.

Short time in new Legacy Outback ltd
By Arnold Cohen on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have switched from a Mercedes Benz ML320 to this Subaru Legacy Outback Limited. Other than being smaller, the ride is better, handling a little more precise, quieter, and somewhat better economy. I've only got 1400 miles on it to date but I drive 20,000 per year and I think this auto will be a winner.

so far so good..better than i expected
By TSC333 on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car becuase a move to the north, needed all-wheel drive, decided on this because it seemed a good value, excellent AWD performance and edmunds rated it as reliable. It has been very good for intial quality (3000 miles). It is as quite as our BMW 528 on the highway. Seems a little cramped in the backseat with adults, do not get the performance out of the 6 cylinder as expected. Overall very pleased.

most favorable
By john howard on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

a truly outstanding automobile & a joy to drive

04 Outback
By tcsmutball on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Terrific vehicle. Better than the 97 addition. Better ride than Toyota Highlander. more features in Subaru.