2004 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
The Best Yet!
By AlecB0116 on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The best car in history for a low price. always reilable. Off road made. Lots of storage for grocerys in the back of the car.

CANT BEAT IT !
By ROB on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

WE TRADED A LINCLON NAVAGATOR FOR OUR NEW OUTBACK WHAT A RIDE ! THIS OUTBACK BELIEVE IT OR NOT GIVES A MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE RIDE THAN THE NAVAGATOR. I REALLY ENJOY FILLING THE GAS TANK WITH A $20 AND NOT A $50. THIS ALL WHEEL DRIVE IS THE GREATEST.

Brakes
By Vermont owner on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I do like my 2002 Outback Wagon. BUT there seems to be problems with the brakes on the Outbacks. I drive a 5- speed standard, mostly interstate driving of 100 miles at a time. I had new brakes at 14,000 miles and another set of brakes at 25,000 miles. There also seems to be problems with needing to replace the head gasket at anywhere between 40,000 and 60,000 miles. This is unheard of in vehicles as this problem doesn't unually occur until 100,000 miles. I'd be interested to hear if other folks are seeing and having these problems.

A good solid vehicle
By Lrac on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 35th Anniversary Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A generally smooth driving, fuel economic vehicle. Some wind noise over 60MPH. I find the driver's seat to be a bit uncomfortable ( pressure on right buttock), and can't get rid of it with the seat adjustment. The sound system (McIntosh) is great. Fit and finishare OK, but there was a scratch on the windshield from the wiper blade from the start.

4th Subaru
By Booru on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 4 Subarus starting with a '84 GL Wagon. I have loved every. I looked at other SUV's and at the Outback VDC. Couldn't justify (to myself) the extra cost of the VDC vs. benefits. Liked the LL Bean from the first moment I saw it and sat in it. Agile in city, country, beach, and mountain driving. The H6 has impressive power pared with the smooth transmission makes for a terrific combination.

Highly recommended
By JohnM on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am extremely pleased with my Outback. Even with 4 cylinders, it gets me up some pretty steep roads. Handling the mountain highways is a delight.. Ride is smooth yet firm.

Subaru
By TIm on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Good in the snow

My Subaru, too
By FreBra on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Needs more head room in front and more leg room in rear. Difficult to enter and exit the front seats due to the windshield post(s) incline. Definitely not a 5 passenger (adult) vehicle.

unbreakable
By Bobbest on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Just keeps on ticking.

Right for me!
By RCHANTLER` on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Outback AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

A great performer particularly if you live in snow country. It has many of the most wanted features of more expensive cars including seat warmers, CD player, electric seats and car locks. For a 4 cylinders it has great zip and pickup. On the downside is the awkward feature of adjusting the tilt steering column. Also the console between the two front seats is very awkward to use while driving. Too far back. The notched gearshift is not the best. It's all I need in an automobile.