2003 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Fun Machine

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Review

Fun Machine
By Jim Ranes on

2003 Subaru Outback L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car to use in bad weather because my rear wheel drive Mercedes is not exactly a snowmobile. I find myself gravitating to the Subaru even in good weather! Its great to drive and very comfortable even compared to my E320. I have the flat 6 engine with 212 HP and its very responsive. The handling and suspension are first class. This was my first choice of an all wheel drive vehicle at any price (except of course the all wheel drive Porsche Turbo, which by the way is not as comfortable as this Subaru, but it flies!)

I like the handling of the all wheel drive system paired with the more powerful Subaru engine. Its a pleasure to drive in any weather! The fit and finish of this vehicle is superb. It looks like the team who built this car in Indiana really cared about quality.

With the incentives and very low interest rates, this car was a great deal. Also, my Subaru dealer, Anchor Subaru, of No. Smithfield, RI, was actually a pleasure to deal with! They were professional, no pressure whatsoever, very agressive on pricing and lo and behold, HONEST!