2003 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Nice car, be good to it and wi

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Review

Nice car, be good to it and will probably be good to you.
By ramborob79 on

2003 Subaru Outback AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We have owned this car for about 5 years,bought the car with 60k and have put a little over 100k on it. The car has been quite an investment to buy and service but has never left us stranded.Head gaskets were replaced shortly after purchase under warranty and have been fine since. I was told subarus can be considered a specialty vehicle and I agree as they are built different than a lot of cars. Still starts right up,shifts smoothly,rides nice. If you are hard on your vehicle and used to putting very little money into it in the meantime, probably not for you.

Nice base package, very good in the winter(upstate NY), roomy cargo area, not that bad on gas vs v6. solidly built car, I feel its safe for me and my family. Engine is still as strong as when we bought it.

Undercoating on these should be standard as with the awd they will probably see a lot of salt. Full size spare as running them a lot with different size tires will damage the awd system.