2003 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: 50 hp more & $5k less it'd be

2003 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

VDC Wagon (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

50 hp more & $5k less it'd be the best
By DaveB on

2003 Subaru Outback VDC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

3rd subaru for me and everyone a winner. for solid reliable transport with tons of comfort and convenience features you can't go wrong. I paid $31K for my VDC wgn and happily did so even though it was too much for a subie. still i knew what subarus are all about & i was getting a 6 cyl, VDC, 2 sunroofs and the macintosh stereo plus heated seats etc etc..A Volvo XC/Audi Allroad for way less but now the A4 and Passat wgn are all over it for price hence my title. Turbo this motor and we'd have a world beating winner.

Heated Seats, the 2 sun roofs, The McIntosh stereo (probably the best unit i've ever heard), the cruise never falters and the VDC, a phenomenal system. One feature that we probably never think of is reliability Subaru has this and then some.

More power, 1 BIG sunroof aka Forester, heated rear seats, dual zone climate, Bi-Xenon lights and a little bigger, for more cargo and better rear seat comfort.