2003 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
New Guy On the Block
By yahtahey on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with my LL Bean Outback. Comfort, Design, and Quality of workmanship. I inspected my new Subaru for 40 minutes when I went to pick it up.I am an aircraft mechanic by trade for 46 years. I found no items on the underside of the car that required repair of any kind. I only found 2 items under the hood when I got home that were minor, and I took care of them myself, as they did not affect warranty.

Begin of an love affair
By wolfgang on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had a high expectations in this car, coming from a SUV having driven before a 325ix wagon which was just too small. I have considered teh A4 wagon, but the value of the Bean Outback was just not to beat. Car is within 5,000 miles the second time in for repair for some minor electronics problems. Love the 4x4 handling, the build quality and the versatility for everyday use. The car does not feel like 212 horses, more like 150 below 4,000rpm, Subaru has to work on that. Fuel economy does not reach factory promises and stays around 20-22mpg. Otherwise I would feel comfortable to recommend this car as everyday 4x4 around-town-zipper.

Begin of an love affair
By Wolfgang on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

i like it
By nab on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

not the most appealing looking, but rock solid and very capable with inclement driving(pouring rain and deep snow).

L.L Bean
By nauman mark on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the fourth Subaru that I have owned. The L.L Bean wagon is very luxurious,comfortable, and it has a lot of speed. The ride is smooth and compares to the ride of a Lexus or Acura without the heavy sticker price.The people at the Dean team were very courteous and made this an enjoyable car buying experience. The car has a lot of curb appeal and the recently tinted windows really add to the rich look of this car.

Great car
By Ootyboy on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is an amazingly fun car to drive. It has ample power and just sticks to the road. My wife complains that I like driving the suby way more than my own Acura MDX (which is almost $18,000 more). Excellent build quality. Overall solid car

Fun Machine
By Jim Ranes on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car to use in bad weather because my rear wheel drive Mercedes is not exactly a snowmobile. I find myself gravitating to the Subaru even in good weather! Its great to drive and very comfortable even compared to my E320. I have the flat 6 engine with 212 HP and its very responsive. The handling and suspension are first class. This was my first choice of an all wheel drive vehicle at any price (except of course the all wheel drive Porsche Turbo, which by the way is not as comfortable as this Subaru, but it flies!)

My Green Bean
By Nathan on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It's my first Subaru and hopefully not my last - we love our Green LL Bean (aka the Green Bean) - Our Subaru has an excellent highway ride and comfortable seating. However, the V6 Edition needs a little more power and could use some work on the handling maybe Subaru could borrow the suspension from the WRX.

Who Designed the Subaru Seats?
By Frank Babcock on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle handles more like a sport car than a station wagon. It holds the road well with no body roll and the steering is tight with excellent feed back.

Second-time Subaru Owner
By Laura on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great. Our first Subaru had 137,000 miles without any major problems before we decided it was time to let go. The Outback's interior and exterior design is stylish and high- quality. In comparision to my husband's SUV, as well as other cars we test drove, the ride is extremely comfortable.