Used 2003 Subaru Outback L.L. Bean Edition Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

OUTBACK
By DDXER

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After two years, no problems. It is the best "snow" car I have ever driven. Tracks solid in all weather conditions. Window and mirros defoggers make driving in bad weather a breeze.

Favorite Features

Traction, windshield de-icer, mirror defoggers,

Suggested Improvements

Move clock to center, smooth out 3-4 gear downshift during hill accents. Make rear DC plug more accessible.

AQ's LL Bean Outback Wagon
By A Quan

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my LLBean Outback Wagon for almost a year. I recently drove round trip from San Francisco to San Diego and was extremely pleased with the way the car handled and performed. It is a comfortable and safe car to drive on long trips, great visibility, good gas mileage, great on steep hills and curves, and very forgiving around sharp turns. I'm very pleased with the car.

Favorite Features

6 disc CD changer, 9 speaker audio system, self-dimming rear view mirror, interior climate-control, two moon roofs, On Star, Momo-designed steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger glove compartment, built in recessed sunglass holder compartment.

Best Subaru Yet
By Fastmover

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Subaru Outback. This car is built so well, no problems, always reliable. I love the handling, the feel of the steering, great brakes, wonderful amenities. I highly recommend this car. This car is refined enough to take to the city for the latest opera, yet tough enough to cross steams and go where I really waant to take it.

Favorite Features

The higher clearance allows me to go where other cars fear to go. The AWD is sure footed in all conditions. The 6 CD changer is convient and sounds very good. Subaru finally got the front cup holders right too. FANTASTIC CAR

Suggested Improvements

I am tall, 6'3", and not get comfortable. The driver's seat does not move far enough back and my right knee is at an awkward angle against the stereo. The steering wheel should adjust higher too. My 1999 Outback had the same problems.

Great Car
By colorado_subie

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded up to the '03 LL Bean after owning a Toyota 4Runner for 8 years. It goes everywhere my old car went except very rough roads. You get a lot of car for the $ and the cost of ownership is WAY less than a clunky SUV - insurance and gas both cost a lot less! Very well designed car inside and out.

Favorite Features

V6, Dual moonroof, gas mileage, higher ground clearance than most cars, roof rack, cargo mat and rubber floor mats included, retractable shield for the cargo area.

Suggested Improvements

Make it available in a 5-speed! Add a place to hold a cell phone/PDA besides the cup holder or coin holder. Add an out of the way place to store the extra floor mats. Make the back seat fold down in two pieces instead of one.

LL Bean, H-6 is major improvement over 4
By Goodaay

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

6 cyl. is SMOOTH, POWERFUL. Big improvement over the 4 cyl. Good ride, handling. Comfortable leather seats, great stereo, quiet interior, versitle hauler. Dual moonroofs are nice addition.

Favorite Features

Ride, handling, quietness, AWD

Suggested Improvements

Tilt/Telescopic steering wheel to go along with the 8 way power seat. Turbo charge the 4 cyl. versions.