2003 Subaru Outback Wagon Consumer Reviews 10

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Super smooth ride
By mikefromny on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Having previously owned a 1997 Outback Limited I was expecting another terrific Subaru in my 2003 LL Bean. Boy were my expectations exceeded by the unbelievable smooth and comfortable ride of my new Subaru.

Highway fuel economy horrendous
By MAG1 on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Ater 1000 miles I drove from CO to MO (875 miles). To my dismay I recorded an average of 22 mpg fuel economy on the highway, but the estimated fuel economy by manufacturer was estimated at 28 mpg. I calculated the mpg by averaging 4 fuel stops through Kansas where the roads are flat and straight. I'm an engineer so I looked at all the variables. My tire pressure was perfect, there was a small cross wind (no tail or head wind), I used the recommended fuel, there was no load on the car(two medium sized suitcases & no passengers), cruise control was on, speed was 75 mph, and outside temp was 40 degrees(i.e no air conditioner)

50 hp more & $5k less it'd be the best
By daveB on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon VDC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

3rd subaru for me and everyone a winner. for solid reliable transport with tons of comfort and convenience features you can't go wrong. I paid $31K for my VDC wgn and happily did so even though it was too much for a subie. still i knew what subarus are all about & i was getting a 6 cyl, VDC, 2 sunroofs and the macintosh stereo plus heated seats etc etc..A Volvo XC/Audi Allroad for way less but now the A4 and Passat wgn are all over it for price hence my title. Turbo this motor and we'd have a world beating winner.

50 hp more & $5k less it'd be the best
By DaveB on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon VDC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

handling
By lechalet on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

great on wet roads, freeways or snow , mud ,mountain roads

New Guy On the Block
By yahtahey on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with my LL Bean Outback. Comfort, Design, and Quality of workmanship. I inspected my new Subaru for 40 minutes when I went to pick it up.I am an aircraft mechanic by trade for 46 years. I found no items on the underside of the car that required repair of any kind. I only found 2 items under the hood when I got home that were minor, and I took care of them myself, as they did not affect warranty.

Begin of an love affair
By wolfgang on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had a high expectations in this car, coming from a SUV having driven before a 325ix wagon which was just too small. I have considered teh A4 wagon, but the value of the Bean Outback was just not to beat. Car is within 5,000 miles the second time in for repair for some minor electronics problems. Love the 4x4 handling, the build quality and the versatility for everyday use. The car does not feel like 212 horses, more like 150 below 4,000rpm, Subaru has to work on that. Fuel economy does not reach factory promises and stays around 20-22mpg. Otherwise I would feel comfortable to recommend this car as everyday 4x4 around-town-zipper.

Begin of an love affair
By Wolfgang on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

i like it
By nab on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

not the most appealing looking, but rock solid and very capable with inclement driving(pouring rain and deep snow).

L.L Bean
By nauman mark on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the fourth Subaru that I have owned. The L.L Bean wagon is very luxurious,comfortable, and it has a lot of speed. The ride is smooth and compares to the ride of a Lexus or Acura without the heavy sticker price.The people at the Dean team were very courteous and made this an enjoyable car buying experience. The car has a lot of curb appeal and the recently tinted windows really add to the rich look of this car.