2002 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: love this car

2002 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

H6-3.0 Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

love this car
By jano on

2002 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I could sell Subaru's if I ever needed a job. This car drives like melted butter in smooth performance. It is a fine highway vehicle in mountains as well as long TX stretches. The solidity & quiet drive are something I appreciate most after driving a Ford Explorer, priced about the same. I would like to have a keyless remote that would allow access were I to lock keys inside; other than that, I have no complaints about this vehicle. I am a tried & true Subaru fan. The gas mileage will have to improve on all vehicles in this country. Subaru will most likely help to lead the way here, but I'm getting 18-24 currently.

Beautiful wooden steering wheel, comfy seats w/multiple adjustments, tight, quiet, solid drive. ALPINE STEREO!

Spoiler on back of sedan makes backing up a little challenging with height of trunk vs. driver's seat. Would like more storage in console or someplace. Need multiple disk cd changer.