2002 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Outback VDC H6 wagon

2002 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

Outback VDC H6 wagon
By FRM on

2002 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have always admired Subaru for their AWD which fascinated me back in the 70s. Finally I bought one and it had the McIntosh promo stereo CD player. This stereo has rekindled my love for music as I had forgotten what beautiful music sounds like. The special sound design of the interior contributed to the greatness of the stereo. I have since listened to other systems in more expensive cars that cannot compare. The car has power with the 212hp 6 and is quiet probably because of the special sound treatment mentioned already. I have not had problems at all and the AWD can go through snow like it is not there. Ice is tough for any car. The only con is wind noise but I am well satisfied.

Reliability; Wagon aspect - ability to haul things - it's almost like having a pickup too. Power of six cylinder. Sound system; nice interior; nice handling does not feel "loose" or sloppy.

The only thing Subaru failed on is wind noise. Too bad as the car would have been perfect. My previous cars were Saturn S Wagon and Honda Accord sedan.