2002 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
best ever
By robert ranallo on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Outback Wagon VDC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

All wheel drive is execptional. You can take this car anyhwere, anytime in any weather with confidence. The handling is amazing with the all wheel drive coupled with the VDC at any speed.

Good Car
By hey on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Outback Wagon Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Subaru Outback and I've had no problems with either one. The car has great features and a good fit and finish. My friends are always amazed with the amount of cargo it can carry. It also does a great job hauling my ski's and mountain bikes around.

Subaru takes a step up.
By Docaloha on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Outback Wagon VDC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been a Subaru fan for about 15 years, but felt it was always underpowered. The new H6 solves the problem nicely. The car is very smooth, and glides through traffic. My wife has a new Subaru Legacy sedan, and whenever she or my daugther take my car, they always remark on how much better my Outback handles, and how smooth it is. While it lacks some of the luxury features of the next class up, pricewise, it does have the best of them including heated seats, great stereo, very comfortable wheel, and auto climate control.

Each generation of Outbacks Improves.
By trzeszkowski on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is my 3rd Outback since 1997. The second one developed transm problems and traded it in for the six cylinder. I love the six even more. Minor inprovements show that some one is always testing and thinking.

Lots of rattles&whistles
By HMR on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This 2001 LL Bean is my 2nd subaru. However, I probably won't buy another due to all the rattles and wind noise in my Bean. This after barely 11,000 miles. These are body integrity noises which are proving nearly impossible to find. My 1992 Miata is quiter than this rattletrap. If you put ear plugs on the car drives fine, has plenty of power, and looks (imho) great. It excells on the road until you get a side wind or pass a large truck, then it sounds like waxed paper on a pocket comb. These cars are sold by GM dealers in Texas and they don't much care about customer satisfaction. Like Ricky Nelson, I think I'd rather drive a truck.

22500 miles in year 1 and just like new
By kluet on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very smooth ride and can take anything including 4-wd only roads. I drive everywhere in this car b/c you can travel in comfort and still get all your gear in there. Roof rack is great and use it all the time for bikes. Great all around car for any environment.

Finally, a 6 cylinder!
By Auzzieboy10 on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Outback Wagon L.L. Bean Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just got my Outback 6 Cyl. Wagon two weeks ago and so far I really love this car. Had a Sedan 20 years ago and really liked it, but I needed a SUV and wasn't going to settle for a 4 cyl. Found out the Outback had a 6 cyl. on Friday and bought it on Saturday:) However, at 212hp is only adequate in my opinion, but good handling and braking make up for continued lack of power.

the best subie?? ( WRX !! )
By douglas dubois on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Outback Wagon VDC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Subaru's luxury car. have done over 22,000 miles and it has not missed a beat. Mobil 1 every 7500 miles, gas and rotate the tires.....thats all it needs. It's fast when you want it and cruises effortlessly all day at highway speeds and more if you don't use the cruise. Heated seats are great, handles snow (what snow!!) and stereo is one of the best. It does need a 5 spd auto box to take better advantage of the 6.

subaru outback wagon
By bbou on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Outback Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just love this vehicle! It is a perfect size and handles wonderfully. It is fun to drive and very comfortable.

MOST RELIABLE ALL WEATHER CAR
By BEV on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Outback Wagon VDC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our 3rd Subaru after leaving Mercedes in our past. We have found reliablity and safety of the Subaru never disappointing.The car handled well in deep snow and slush on the highway. The dash is well designed and everything works well all the time.No paint problems,no engine problems, just no complaints. The price is right for a great car.