2002 Subaru Outback Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Outback VDC H6 wagon
By FRM on 12/08/06 21:52 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Outback Sedan H6-3.0 AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have always admired Subaru for their AWD which fascinated me back in the 70s. Finally I bought one and it had the McIntosh promo stereo CD player. This stereo has rekindled my love for music as I had forgotten what beautiful music sounds like. The special sound design of the interior contributed to the greatness of the stereo. I have since listened to other systems in more expensive cars that cannot compare. The car has power with the 212hp 6 and is quiet probably because of the special sound treatment mentioned already. I have not had problems at all and the AWD can go through snow like it is not there. Ice is tough for any car. The only con is wind noise but I am well satisfied.

Love it.
By Kent on 12/21/05 18:44 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Outback Sedan H6-3.0 AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had the H6 sedan for almost 6 months now and love it. Handles great, rides great, and fun to drive. Only issue is that my breaks squeal loudly after they get warmed up and no dealership yet can figure it out. Ugh. Other than that I am sold on my Subaru! Absolutely a great car. I drive a ton for work and I am always comfortable and never stiffen up driving long road trips.

love this car
By jano on 12/05/05 00:11 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Outback Sedan H6-3.0 AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I could sell Subaru's if I ever needed a job. This car drives like melted butter in smooth performance. It is a fine highway vehicle in mountains as well as long TX stretches. The solidity & quiet drive are something I appreciate most after driving a Ford Explorer, priced about the same. I would like to have a keyless remote that would allow access were I to lock keys inside; other than that, I have no complaints about this vehicle. I am a tried & true Subaru fan. The gas mileage will have to improve on all vehicles in this country. Subaru will most likely help to lead the way here, but I'm getting 18-24 currently.

Subaru's are great cars
By Steven on 12/12/04 19:30 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Outback Sedan H6-3.0 AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our first subaru with VDC. It is fantastic. The car is wonderful with the only complaint being the power band really kicks in at 4000 rpm and above, which is a bit high. Under this it is marginal for a six cylinder. It is nice to own a car that does not look like everything else on the road.

Our 5th Subaru
By CMartin on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Outback Sedan H6-3.0 AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Black & Gold 3.0 AWD Outback Sedan! It's fun to drive, and handles EXTREMELY well in snow and rain. It's the most comfortable car I've ever driven for long trips. 600-700 miles in a day, and I still feel great at the end of the day's drive. I have only one complaint that my Service Department has no answer -- the heating/cooling system. Seems there's no happy medium for it. Hopefully Subaru will come up with a fix soon! We've been a Subaru family for a long time. I drove a 2000 Outback Sedan before getting the 2002, with the bigger engine. Glad I made the upgrade, except -- give me my old air conditioner/heater!!!

Loving it
By Joe Lucian on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Outback Sedan H6-3.0 AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love it. Nothing out there touches this thing for build and quality.

Now I'm Sure! Its the Outback Sedan
By emjantam on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Outback Sedan H6-3.0 AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my Mazda Millenia S for the Outback and was a little hessitant at first, its a whole different beast. The more I look at the cars interior and exterior and drive it, the more I'm sure I made a good choice. I tried the Audi A4, VW Passat, Land Rover, BMW IX ect since I was looking for All-wheel- drive. Nothing came close to the Outback in price when options were added up. To get the A4, BMW or Passat with the same options, I'd have to pays thousands of bucks more. Its a nice classy ride. It not the quickest nor does it have the prestigous name but its the best deal - reliable, unique and comfortable.

Paint on 2nd Color of Car
By MsMcGoo on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Outback Sedan H6-3.0 AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The lower plastic on the Subaru Outback has an issue with peeling. This happens after a your car has been severly door dinged. The plastic bends but the paint does not stick to the plastic. This also occurs when a rock goes through your bumper. This is cosmetic but for a brand new car, the paint should not be peeling.

2002 Outback H6 Sedan after 16000 miles
By influxSoft on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Outback Sedan H6-3.0 AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The new 6 cylinder 212hp engine is smooth and quiet I drive a LOT of miles... over 16K in the first 6 months and living in New England with out snow and ice... I can honestly say nothing compares... The AWD with its continuously variable transfer clutch and a limited-slip rear differential gives plenty of confidence on snow and ice (you may find it almost boring... its just that good... you'll hardly think its slippery) Good standard sound system with comfortable interior. Gas mil is fair. Pls be aware the prem gas is recommended but not required. I considered purchasing the VW passat 4motion... but for $4K less this is a fine car.

SUBARU ROOARU ROCKS
By ROOARU on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Outback Sedan H6-3.0 AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought a H-6 sedan. Black/gold but painted it to Silvertone with the black. Looks much more sportier. The sound system great, More Bass~ Drives great. Went to Florida from Wisconsin and What a drive. I was amazed in the Tennessee's Mtns;where they had 15% grade steep hills and it just drove like there were no hills at all. My freinds were very impress and is getting the WRX in June.