2001 Subaru Outback 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Wonderful as expected

2001 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2001 Subaru Outback Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Wonderful as expected
By ESmith813 on

2001 Subaru Outback Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Though I have not owned this car very long, my mother drives a 2000 Outback Wagon that I fell in love with. The extras on the Limited model are very fun and feel solid. The 5-speed manual is smooth, but cruising at 65MPH just a little over 3000 RPMs is higher than my mother's auto. The AWD is amazing. I have never been stuck in any snow or ice. This past winter it climbed a rather steep icy brick hill with ease. A recent road trip put 1500 miles on it without a single grip from the car. I averaged 25MPG with a heavy load. I wish I was able to find an H6 model - the power is only adequate, but I prefer the manual transmission that isn't offered with the 6-cylinder anyway.

Favorite Features

The dual sunroofs, heated seats, audio system, manual transmission, AWD, comfortable leather seats, great shaded cargo area that is chocolate lab friendly.

Suggested Improvements

With 230000 miles on mine and 210000 miles on my mother's these cars show no signs of kicking the bucket anytime soon. What more could I ask for?