2001 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Very good car

2001 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

Very good car
By Nakoosa on

2001 Subaru Outback Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Were I not so into off-roading, I would have kept this car. The ground clearance is great, the approach/departure angles significantly hamper the grnd clernce and AWD capabilities. AWD and cornering = fun! Premium sound system is Fantastic! Seat heaters are wonderful. Acceleration is very surprising (when gas is stomped). Gas mileage surprising not so desireable. I took this thing mudding, out onto the beach, rally driving on fireroads and Had A Blast!! Very versatile, very fun. But I can 4-wheel my '87 Pathfinder and it cost a lot less! If you're not into moderate to heavy off- roading, you'll love all the features, safety and fun of this car.

Favorite Features

Ground clearance; dual sunroofs; seat heaters; Fantastic Upgraded Sound system!! AWD in mud, snow and cornering is Amazing! Can sleep in back and look @ stars through rear sunroof. :)

Suggested Improvements

Better approach and departure angles (for better off-roadability; opening rear windows (for dogs); wind blockers for sun roofs (too loud); window gaskets need constant "fiddling" @ dealership.