VDC at 4 years
By dgduris on
2001 Subaru Outback VDC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I have owned this car since new. It has given me 66k miles of uninterruped, luxurious service. While unremarkable outside, the interior frequently causes passengers to remark: "This is a Subaru? !" The leather, wood trim and 220 Watt MacIntosh Stereo are all on par with the far more expensive cars my non-snow-belt inhabiting friends drive. The recent addition of Ultra High Performance All Season Michelins has had me fall in love with the car all over again as the handling is improved to GT level and the road noise is drastically reduced. I would change only the control for the dual sunroof and add headlight washer jets to make this car perfect.
Favorite Features
This car goes like stink wherever I point it regardless of the conditions. I drove it from San Diego to Providence and it was fantastic and, with the high- performance all-season Michelin tires, stable and quiet at high (100mph) speed.
Suggested Improvements
Change the sunroof control to a position selection knob, add headlamp washers, illuminate all window switches in all doors, flip the power lock switch so up is open and down is locked.