Solid Wagon
By SeattleDrvr on
2001 Subaru Outback AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
Bought it new. Extras include premium sound, heated seats, heated mirors and heated windshield. Manual transmission does well even with Seattle's steep hills. No problems that weren't covered by the warranty. I plan to keep it for many years to come. My only majior complaint is that the air conditioning isn't cool enough. There are only vents in the front seats so my passengers and dogs bake in the back or we freeze in front to keep them cool.
Favorite Features
Heated seats, mirrors and windshield (I never have to scrape ice off my windshield). All Wheel Drive is excellent. Good sound system (premium sound package). Rear seat is easy to fold down and put back up. Rubber floor matt in cargo area is indispensable with 2 large water loving dogs
Suggested Improvements
Placement of switches for heated seats should be moved - where they are results in turning them on by accident. A real opening sun roof in the front would be nice. The price of repair parts is high. Air conditioning vents in the rear seat so my passengers and dogs don't bake like they do now.