2001 Subaru Outback 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Outback rocks!

2001 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

Limited Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Outback rocks!
By oareagle on

2001 Subaru Outback Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Got the Outback limited sedan for a steal at just under $18,000 because it had been sitting on the dealer's lot for almost a year. I personally like the sedan design better than the Outback wagon design. It's a great car, with a classy, comfortable leather interior and a rugged all-wheel-drive system that doesn't mind a minor trail or two. It's not as fun to throw around in the slalom as my 2001 Forester, but part of that can be attributed to the fact that my Forester is a five speed, and you're stuck with an auto tranny in the limited sedan. The standard Firestones also don't grip as well as the Michelin X-ones I put on my Forester.

Favorite Features

My "grown-up" car. Automatic tranmission and great power leather seating make it a great car for long interstate trips. Standard all-wheel-drive is the best thing about all Subarus.

Suggested Improvements

The OEM Firestones are heading to the landfill first chance I get. I also wish a five-speed manual were available in the limited sedan.